My one year anniversary on MFP

Options
glassgallm
glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
Just have to brag a little: I have logged into MFP 365 days in a row! My starting goals have all been met:
1. my blood pressure is now normal.
2. I can fit into my 7 ml wetsuit again. (I'm a scuba instructor- this was important!)
3. I can run a 5k in under 30 minutes.
Now a few stats:In one year I have lost 33 pounds and a total of 23 inches! My BMI has gone down 7.8 points.

My new goals are to maintain what I have achieved so far and to run a little faster and a little farther.

For any of you struggling or who are discouraged: you only have to get through one day at a time. Make getting healthy a part of your daily routine, you are doing it for YOU! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• phatnotfat81
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!
  • Elo99
    Elo99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • lhs1965
    lhs1965 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I admire your dedication.
  • michelechavez
    Options
    Hi Glassgallm,

I can relate to your goals, especially of running a 5K under 30 minutes. I won't ever be that fast, but I ran a 5K on my 60th birthday this year so I could set a new PR for my new age group. I ran 35:18.

It sounds like you are doing amazing! I wish you great good fortune in all your efforts to be healthy and fit!
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Michellechavez, you are doing amazing things yourself: down 41 pounds since April? Fantastic! Good luck to you as well and nice time/pr on your 5k!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!