Rant On People Who Rant On People At the Gym

Options
iAMsmiling
iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
What is with all the intolerance of other people at the gym?
Does everyone here think they are such perfect creatures that they are never less than fun to be around?
Cut your gym mates a little slack. In there minds, you might be the offensive one and they are cutting you slack.
Besides, how can you go put yourself in to your workout fully when you're letting every perceived transgression get to you?

Smile! Wave! Offer a word of encouragement now and again...and if someone does something that bugs you, get over yourself snowflake.

Replies

• guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Or... if the people at the gym piss you off that bad... work out at home. Away from us.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    F that noise......People who do bicep curls in the squat rack deserve to be ridiculed.
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    quit ranting about people ranting....live and let live
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    F that noise......People who do bicep curls in the squat rack deserve to be ridiculed.

I have to agree :)
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    It's like a rant inside a rant inside a rant. RANTCEPTION!
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I only do cardio at the gym, prefering to do strength at home because it's easier. I used to be uncomfortable at the gym but then I realized no one gives a damn what I'm doing, just like I don't care what they're doing.
    Sorry if I glanced your way while just looking around and you took offense to it. It;s so self centered to think that every person in a gym is looking at, competing with, or whatever you think they are doing with, you. I don't go in and compare/compete/whatever so why should I think other people do with me? Whatever. Walk in, work out, walk out. End of story.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    in before the lock....

oh wait...wrong thread....where are the vegans again?
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    My only minor rant is when someone takes all the free weights that I need and even then I just go meh and work on something else.
  • linda1243
    linda1243 Posts: 166
    Options
    What is with all the intolerance of other people at the gym?
    Does everyone here think they are such perfect creatures that they are never less than fun to be around?
    Cut your gym mates a little slack. In there minds, you might be the offensive one and they are cutting you slack.
    Besides, how can you go put yourself in to your workout fully when you're letting every perceived transgression get to you?

Smile! Wave! Offer a word of encouragement now and again...and if someone does something that bugs you, get over yourself snowflake.

I think this is a good advice for people in all situations and places. We are so judgmental of everyone.
  • iAMsmiling
    Options
    It's like a rant inside a rant inside a rant. RANTCEPTION!

Just waiting to start the next rant about ranting about ranting. Give me time.
  • Skittlez_
    Options

Biggest gym pet peeve EVER.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    yeah i dont get it. so many people on MFP are unable to just go through life without getting upset at every little thing.

there must be some kind of correlation to letting everything upset you and weight gain. maybe people that get upset easy turn to food for happiness.
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I think my only rant is when someone SITS, not uses, but sits on the only machine that I have left of my strength sets during the entire time I'm doing my strength training - and yes folks do this, and it's infuriating. When I ask them if I can jump in after they've been sitting on the machine (and not using it) for the 15 minutes it takes me to do 3 sets of two other machines, I get the look of death....ok, really?
  • iAMsmiling
    Options
    It's not that there aren't things going on in the gym that I find annoying. It's just that it doesn't serve me, or anyone else, for me to take notice to the point that it pisses me off.
    My gym time is my ME time. I'm not going to let some random person ruin my ME time just because he didn't re-rack, or wipe, or he hogs a machine. That only punishes me.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    3q7prt.jpg
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    You know what Grinds My Gears. Rants on people who rant on people for ranting at people at the Gym!
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    "**** that guy said hello. Hes hitting on me for sure, better turn my ipod up louder and stare at the floor to let him know im not to be ****ed with."
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You know what Grinds My Gears. Rants on people who rant on people for ranting at people at the Gym!

You should start a thread about that!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

You should start a thread about that!

I did.
    It failed
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    yeah i dont get it. so many people on MFP are unable to just go through life without getting upset at every little thing.

there must be some kind of correlation to letting everything upset you and weight gain. maybe people that get upset easy turn to food for happiness.

Agreed