Where to buy pants? (shorter than petite)

Options
I've got really short legs and a short waist and am having a pants crisis. I've lost enough weight that I'm having to roll up the waist on my existing pants a couple times just to get them looking somewhat decent. I need a 14/16 (for now) and REALLY short. Something business casual. When I was heavier, I avoided clothes shopping unless it was absolutely necessary. Well, now it's absolutely necessary and it's been so long since I could shop in regular(ish) sizes that I don't know where to go. I will be trying 2nd-hand stores but am not hopeful about finding much won't need to be shortened a LOT. Hoping to find some relatively inexpensive stores where I can get some interim pieces. Maybe Old Navy? The last pair of black pants I got at KMart picks up every piece of lint in a 1/4 mile radius.

I'm in the Boston area, FWIW.

Thank you!

Replies

• WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm 5 feet tall and I found luck at JCPenny's petite section, they actually are a lot shorter than other petites. I am having trouble finding yoga pants that are short enough and I end up in the childrens section of Kohls and Target...but I do not want to walk around with tiny hearts on my tush =[
  • Hildibug
    Options
    I too am short and I can find my pants at a company caled Alfred Dunner. They make petite pants in regular, short and tall. I live in the South and I dont know if you have them available or not. Belk stores usually carry then.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    The shortest pair of work pants I could find was at Walmart. I have other ones that are short enough if I wear a 1-2 inch wedge.
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I've got really short legs and a short waist and am having a pants crisis. I've lost enough weight that I'm having to roll up the waist on my existing pants a couple times just to get them looking somewhat decent. I need a 14/16 (for now) and REALLY short. Something business casual. When I was heavier, I avoided clothes shopping unless it was absolutely necessary. Well, now it's absolutely necessary and it's been so long since I could shop in regular(ish) sizes that I don't know where to go. I will be trying 2nd-hand stores but am not hopeful about finding much won't need to be shortened a LOT. Hoping to find some relatively inexpensive stores where I can get some interim pieces. Maybe Old Navy? The last pair of black pants I got at KMart picks up every piece of lint in a 1/4 mile radius.

I'm in the Boston area, FWIW.

Thank you!

You can get nice pants from Maurices. They have extra-short pants online. I am 5' and I love their pants and having the extra short pants help so much.
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    Try the Talbot's outlet in the Woburn Mall. They have Women's and Misses Petites that fit my 5'2" frame (I have a 27" inseam) - I buy both my jeans and my trousers for work there - sometimes you can get $99 pants for less than $20. I was there last week and they were having some huge sale - everything in the store was $17 or less. I love very high quality clothes - but hate to pay the price. Talbot's clothes last for years, wear very well (unlike the 'cheaper' stores) and they have 4 or 5 different "fit" options for pants. The new Curvy fit is my favorite - or try the Heritage if you're straight through the hip.

I have worn their pants in every size from 22W Petite to 10 Curvy Petite!

Good luck!
  • Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've just dicovered at my local JcPenny that they also have a ' short ' section not just petite . I'm 5'2 and these pants fits amazingly !
  • Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I'm going to do some research tonight and see what I can order online...or maybe I'll go OUT to do some shopping this weekend. Imagine that, lol.

:)