Need shoe recommendation???

Options
Need a good shoe...for treadmill, running etc.... something extremely comfortable and supportive, but very adequate for walking/running, inside or out.

I'd love to have some recommendations as to what you all have tried...live by....love...hate...whatever!!!

Replies

• TrainerJulie
    Options
    I went to our local Running Room store and had them watch me walk to determine the best shoe for me for running/walking. Do you have a Running Room or another type of running store close by? That might be a good idea. I've worn one brand of shoes for most of my life, and found out they're not what I should be wearing.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Definitely go to a specialty running store. A shoe that works for me may not work for you. They will give you determine the best shoe for you based on your gait and running style. :smile:
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Don't buy Fila..they're crap, don't buy Puma, fashionable but not for working out...you should go get a fitting done, but as ar as brands go, it's up to you...I love my Asics for my outdoor runs and my Adidas for my indoor treadmill runs.
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    Options
    Stores like Roadrunner sports will do tests on your foot and analyze what kind of shoe you need, and let you try out the shoes that match you on the treadmill, it's great! :) They also sell great inserts that have helped me a lot with running.
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I would suggest New Balance for a good running shoe and is what I'm using. Then when I start running distances like a half marathon, I will take the shoes to a good running store and spend the money on a better shoe. I running about 10 - 15 miles a week on mine, and they should get me 6 - 9 months.

Todd
  • Rebecca__Lynn
    Options
    Wow, thanks so much for the responses.... I've never heard of a running store, or new they would do fittings etc?? (Not a professional runner obviously ;-) OK I will ck into this...tks so much!!!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have had great luck with new balance in the past (last pairs) and they did cure a fallen arch. This time, the same store reccomended asics as a good fit for my needs, so that is what i got this time. I really like them. My arch was a bit sore the first few days I was doing some jumping in circuits, but now they are awesome. (these ones support a bit better than my last ones which were worn out).