Disproportionate body parts?

Options
2»

Replies

• ashlielinn
    Options
    Psssh. Yes! Recently I've notice how freaking huge my hips and butt are! I'm definitely hour glass shaped, but the bottom of my hourglass seems ginormous to me! Especially since my waist has been getting so tiny. It's starting to get me down, actually :(
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    yep this is me, skinny legs and small hips, but put all my weight on my tummy, my shoulders/back is pretty wide too and I have a short wide neck blergh, (I don't think I look too bad from the front but my profile and back is a different story) I'll try the weights thing, thanks :P
  • vicktoria339
    Options
    i'm sooo happy its not just me who looks in the mirror and sees a definite apple looking back!! I use aerobics dvds quite alot so my my legs are already quite toned and i have a physical job so my arms are too - just wish my torso would behave the same way!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I have really long arms... But at least I can reach stuff that's high up.
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    yeah.... I have no neck! I'm neckless. If I wear a turtleneck or a collared shirt I look like an actual turtle. And I'm flat and wide, too, just for extra measure - skinny if I turn side on, like a brick from the front. All the women on my father's side are the same.

If there were cosmetic surgery for neck extension, I'd be all over it!
  • 1sophiesophie
    1sophiesophie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've absolutely no statistical evidence to back this up, but I'm betting there are far more "disproportionate" bodies in this world than there are those who conform exactly to industry "norms" of measurement. Funny how the former group are more inclined to think of themselves as the freaks (and I include myself in that group).
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    That's my body type as well. Although, since giving birth, I now have hips and boobs. Not sure if I'm fond of either sticking around once I lose the baby weight.
  • Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Officially going there...Kinda.

Chris rock said everything looks big against a tiny back drop...or something to that effect. Essentially all men are trying to make them selves skinny to make their ... look bigger.

even a large cucumber looks small when there's a huge watermelon right above it, ya dig?
  • Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That being said, i think i have an usually bubbly butt for a guy
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I'm okay looking...except from my belly button to my hips. My arms/shoulders are pretty decent since I have been doing some strength training for the last 7-8 months. My legs are great after 9 months of treadmill and hill intervals. I am amazed at the way I look while I am doing pull-ups and tricep dips...until I see the spare tire around my belly :(

so I keep working, and I hope that some day I get rid of the spare tire around my waist.

Oh yeah, and if I look down, my belly sticks out farther on the right side than the left--even my flubber isnt even!
  • iyabean
    iyabean Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm the opposite! I'm a total pear shape. My upper body is very lean, to the point where I can count my ribs. However, I have disproporionately huge childbearing hips, with a butt and thighs to go along with them. Thankfully they've gotten a bit smaller now that I've lost weight, but they're still huge in comparison to my waist, which has somehow managed to shrink even more. I'm an XS up top but an S/M on bottom (more of an M). Hoping it all evens out when I get to my goal!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm pear-shaped, so I have HUGE thighs and a wide *kitten*.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Be thankful of the skinny legs :) Least you can trim down and tone your tummy

I have legs like tree trunks, big bum, spare type around my stomach then its goes on at the waist and back out with massive shoulders. Can fit the waist size below what im currently wearing but have to squeeze them over my tree trunks- too tight but loost at the wait! bah!
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    OP we sound very similar. I have been musing lately how I feel like a marshmellow with toothpicks sticking out for arms and legs. When I started running my legs slimmed out even more. Then I started weightlifting, which resulted in my arms slimming down. I am trying 30 day shred (if running seemed to spot reduce my legs, why not try for my stomach too?) to get a better core workout. I am pretty sure where you hold your fat is going to be the LAST place it goes. So for me, chest will be 2nd to last, and my tummy will be absolutely last. I think others are right, then when we lose more weight, we'll start to look more proportional.

And for all you pear shaped ladies, just know that many of us apple shaped women really envy your legs and hips! My hips are exactly the same size as my lower belly. So there's no nice feminine hourglass shape there. Too bad we can't all shift our own fat around and put it where we want it :laugh:
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Ooh! Ooh! I'll play!

I'm 5'11" and my height is primarily in my legs. I have a 34 inch inseam and my legs are slim, but shapely and not like stick-like. I also have very long arms. I celebrate if a long sleeved shirt that's not from the tall section actually reaches my wrists. I've had to forego many the cute jacket in my day because the sleeves only came to the middle of my forearms. And tops made for tall women fit my arms, but are too long for my normal torso. I've just learned to live with sleeves stopping three inches away from my wrists.

That being said, I am an hourglass apple with a small frame. 99% of my excess weight is in my stomach and my butt. My waist is well defined. I can see my ribs, but I have this big pooch in the front. I have slim hips, but a Sir Mix A Lot worthy butt. From the front, I'm an hourglass, but from the side, I feel like a Hitchcock silhouette.

I don't even have a lot of weight to lose (15-20 pounds), I'm not fat, but my body is carrying what little excess I have so disproportionately that I feel bigger than I actually am. The only thing that's going to fix that is losing the fat from both areas. It's happening, but it's so very slow.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Big *kitten*. No boobs. Tell me about it.