Hello from Pennsylvania!

Options
Hi Everyone,
My name is Sarah and I just retired from a short lived cake baking/decorating business... Although the time spent around all that flour and sugar and Crisco was short, the amount of weight I put on 'tasting' everything has been quite hefty.
Hoping the food diary and community on here will help me get back to being healthy. It's nice to meet all of you and I wish you all the best of luck in your own weight loss journeys! :)

Replies

• dorisamaya8
    dorisamaya8 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you too! I know you can do it :)
  • NorthwestPA
    NorthwestPA Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello from Northern PA.

If you are looking for friends you can add me. Good luck with your weight loss journey also.
  • The_Metal
    Options
    Though short, I'm sure that time was sweet<3

*cough* Sorry, couldn't resist.

I really hope you're successful in your endeavors! :D
  • holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    PA here too! Philadelphia Suburbs, feel free to add me, I'm usually on everyday!
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi! Loving the idea of a cake baking based job, but I know how I would look if I did! Good luck, and feel free to add me!
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Michigan! Seems like a few of us have drifted the same way. Good luck to you! If you need support, there's plenty of it out here for you...just ask.
  • pennstategirl47
    pennstategirl47 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello from Greencastle,Pa

Good Luck in doing MFP ,and you can add me.!
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Hello from State College, PA! Sounds like a delicious job :)
  • sweetsjen423
    sweetsjen423 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello from Northumberland County, PA. :D Baking...it's the only thing I dread about the upcoming holidays. I already indulged in the seasonal favorite, some pumpkin roll. BUT, I did manage to stop at one small slice. I was very proud of me for that. Anyway, welcome to MFP.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Hi. I was born in Homested Pa. Welcome and good luck to you. You can do this! Add me if your looking for support.
  • Crys1972
    Options
    Hello!! Originally from Erie, PA but now live in the UK!! I sure do miss home though!!
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    welcome. I am from NJ But very close to PA and go there often.
  • Chuckle_n_Dwindle
    Options
    Hello Pittsburgh PA here, if you're looking for an MFP bud, I log in daily.
  • gdogra
    gdogra Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hagerstown MD :) Just across the state line from Greencastle PA :) Add me folks :)
  • TanzaMarie
    TanzaMarie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hello from Camp Hill (Harrisburg), PA. Welcome!
  • mbz0616
    mbz0616 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi from 20 miles west of Philly! Welcome!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm from PA :happy: . Well, I LIVE in PA!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I'm in Pittsburgh. I've lost 130 lbs so far. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • smokwa
    smokwa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh, Hello Everyone! It's nice to know there are a lot of other Pennsylvanians (or close to it) out there :)
    And all of you who mentioned that the cake decorating/baking may get you into trouble - you are absolutely right! I have two little ones, so I always waited until they went to bed to work on my cakes. I usually would stay up all night baking and decorating and of course around 2am, I'd get snacky... so I'd be eating cake scraps and licking frosting spoons right and left! I really enjoyed the creativity side of it, but now I'm trying to focus my time of other things like my family, my health and our youth group my husband and I started up about a month ago at church :) It's nice to meet all of you and I'll try to be as supportive as possible to each of you! Have a great day! :)
  • chrisdell21
    chrisdell21 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from the Exton area. Good luck with the weight goals. I have a weakness for cakes too so I can see where you might have been tempted. I still make some decent low carb and low cal bake goods. Almond flour is a wonderful thing and I tend to use organic honey as the sweetener.