Food Processors

Options
I wish to get a food processor get make my life easier.... Kinda tired to try, by hand, to make smooth, creamy avocado, and curse when trying to make potage with my mixer...
So...
I am searching for a good quality one, cheap price... well... low price... available in Canada...
Anyone have one they adore?

Replies

• LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Ok... No one likes theirs or... maybe no one uses one lol :tongue:
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I have this one, and I love it. Cheap and works well. Black and Decker 8 Cup processor. I bought it for $30 at Target.

http://www.target.com/p/black-decker-8-cup-food-processor/-/A-13406567#prodSlot=medium_1_24&term=food processor

Black and Decker is always a good kitchen brand, too.
  • LaLouve_RK
    Options
    I have this one, and I love it. Cheap and works well. Black and Decker 8 Cup processor. I bought it for $30 at Target.

http://www.target.com/p/black-decker-8-cup-food-processor/-/A-13406567#prodSlot=medium_1_24&term=food processor

AH!
    Thanks! at least I know this one is good! :ohwell: :flowerforyou:
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    my food processor is probably most favorite and most used kitchen purchase besides my nonstick skillet. i use it a LOT. i have a 7-cup cuisinart which i've owned for a few years now and it still works as well then as it did when it was new. it's more expensive than the B&D one that was linked (probably around 100 bucks). depending on how many people you are making food for, you might be able to get by with the 4-cup processor which is more like $40-50. i think that's a really nice size for making things like pesto, but probably not large enough for a task like ricing cauliflower. if you don't think you'd ever rice cauliflower then maybe it's not a big deal though, haha.

also thought i'd mention that my 7-cup processor came with a number of blade attachments for doing things like grating cheese or slicing vegetables. i don't know if this is common with all brands, but it's a pretty invaluable feature that i use often.
  • thomasxaviersayles
    Options
    Cuisinart is my favorite and I have two blenders and a juicer. They all do different things but the blenders and cuisinart food processor are the most important and useful.
  • ericalyn73
    Options
    I love my Kitchen Aid Food processor. Very good quality.
  • scrapfrfun
    Options
    I also have a Cuisinart, the larger 8 cup one and I paid right around $100 for it. Well worth the price!
  • LaLouve_RK
    Options
    Thanks all for the answers.

My guess is the major brands in the kitchen such as Kitchen aid, Cuisinart, Hamilton Beach (actually saw a 8 or 10 cups at 70$ at Canadian Tire) and Black & Decker are all good bets!

:happy:
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

What she said
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    3rd for Cuisinart!! Mine is Awesome!!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I love my Kitchen Aid Food processor. Very good quality.

^^ This. I have this small one from Target: http://www.target.com/p/kitchenaid-3-cup-chef-s-chopper-white/-/A-528297#prodSlot=medium_1_6&term=kitchen aid food processor

It has been great, but my first one did die on me after about 10 months. I had registered it online and it had a warranty. I called the number and had a new one on my front porch within a week. No problems with my second one. I was a little irked that my husband spent $40, but was very glad he did when it broke and getting a replacement was so simple.
  • LaLouve_RK
    Options
    Interesting.... m1731.gif
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have had my large Kitchenaid food processor for 3 years now with no issues. I used it every single day when my son was younger, as I used it to make all of his baby foods.
    It gets used a few times a week still. I love it and have no complaints.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I have the cuisinart brand and I love it. Not sure about Canadian availability. It comes with a few different blades (grate, slice, blend) and has a ton of power. Makes a really good mashed cauliflower!
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Glad to see this question. I've been researching this for a few weeks and myself am leaning towards the 9cup or bigger Cuisinart or Kitchenaid (preferably with the smaller included bowl as well). I'm vegan, and would really like the ability to easily make my own larabars, or vegan "cheese"cake, or nut butters. I have a few favorite vegan recipe blogs I follow, and they make some of the most wonderful recipes but many require a good food processor. Right now I am barely scraping by using a food chopper to get the job done, and I've just about killed my blender with the last "cheese"cake. Saving up to splurge on a used Vitamix & food processor now.
  • LaLouve_RK
    Options
    Glad to see this question. I've been researching this for a few weeks and myself am leaning towards the 9cup or bigger Cuisinart or Kitchenaid (preferably with the smaller included bowl as well). I'm vegan, and would really like the ability to easily make my own larabars, or vegan "cheese"cake, or nut butters. I have a few favorite vegan recipe blogs I follow, and they make some of the most wonderful recipes but many require a good food processor. Right now I am barely scraping by using a food chopper to get the job done, and I've just about killed my blender with the last "cheese"cake. Saving up to splurge on a used Vitamix & food processor now.
    Agreed! so much options but no hardware for it! I saw so many mashed veggies, veggie sauces etc.. but can't make them by hand! It's payday... I think I go see all they have based on the comments!