breakfast ideas

Options
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am 25 years old and trying to lose weight. I know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but i have always skip breakfast because i dont like eggs. I am looking for non egg breakfast ideas. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    2% or non-fat greek yogurt
    2% milk and a healthy cereal with fiber and protien

people like eggs because egg whites are huge amounts of protien with very few calories
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I make a large batch of steel cut oats once a week and put it into two serving containers and take one to work with me for breakfeast I like to mix in Fage Fat Free Yogurt with it and eat that for breakfeast. You can mix anything in with the oatmeal rasphberries, banannas, flax seed cinnemon ect ect the list is endless. Or you could do a Protein shake in the morning I like that also I put in Half cup milk two scoops chocolate whey powder mix it up good then add about 6 ice cubes makes a nice chocolate smoothie, again you could add anything do vanillia add a frozen bananna the list is endless. The trick for me was finding a protein powder I liked. Oh yea one serving of the Fage Fat Free Yogurt has 23grams of Protein.
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Suggestions: high fiber cereals with skim milk, oatmeal, cottage cheese, fruit, greek yogurt and frozen fruit to make a smoothie.
  • twingirlsmommy
    twingirlsmommy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    white egg omelet with asparagus, cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli and spinach and salsa with 1 tbsp sour cream on top! amazing, under 400 calories and it keeps me full unti lthe afternoon!!!!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat english muffin, one turkey sausage patty and a slice of cheese. It's quick and easy. I do like egg on mine, but I usually make it without as it is quicker and I'm usually in a hurry.
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Slice of whole wheat toast with a tbsp of PB and sliced banana on top.
  • kaitgettingfit
    Options
    I've been eating Van's protein waffles lately with walden farms 0 cal syrup. only 180 cals and 10 grams of protein :)
  • vee1733
    vee1733 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of eggs either but with Chorizo I will eat them. I'll cook Cacique Soy Chorizo (2oz) mixed with 9tbsp of liquid egg white (3 egg white) and 1/4 cup of corn. Eat it up with 2 Mission yellow corn extra thin tortillas and 1 tbsp of light sour cream with some tapatio! Bomb dot com! 245 Calories for this delicious breakfast!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Who says you have to have eggs for breakfast?

Eat whatever you like for breakfast - last nights leftovers, bacon and tomatoes, beans on toast, yoghurt, fruit, cereal....
  • thebuz
    thebuz Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Every morning I have 2 Yoplait low cal yogurt cups with a 1/3 cup of granola for a low 170 calories. I add a banana mid-morning and love that it keeps me full but leaves me play in my calorie allotment for the rest of the day. On the weekends I make porridge with cinnamon, brown sugar and blueberries! Yummy. I hate eggs so no eggs for me!