Any competitors on here?? :)

Options
Hello!!
Just new to the site and looking for anyone that is competing or training for something in particular, or even just here to lose weight! I am an NPC Bikini Division competitor and have trained now for 2 years. i started out 195lbs and over 32% body fat.... now i am down to 135ish and approx 15%!! all from a clean diet, exercise, and adequate rest!
i have decided to get my PT certs in order to help those who are where i have been. having been overweight, i know how it feels. how hard it is. what problems you face. and alot of thing that make it just a little bit easier :)

:) Kayla!!

Replies

• Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Hello Kayla!

Im training more for strength than appearance, but im hoping to get to a point that i can do a figure competition in a few years :)
  • chynatowngirl44
    chynatowngirl44 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I could use all the help I can get. I am struggling with my weight as you once were and would love to get back in shape. Feel free to add me, maybe you can offer some advice from a professional standpoint.
  • kkschelle66
    Options
    awww yay!! its definitely a whooooolllle different realm of working out and eating, but sooo worth it! until then keep pushing and have fun with it :) it makes it lots easier!!

I would love to help you out! just lemme know what questions you have :)
  • ajohnson607
    ajohnson607 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a long way to go but preparing for my first show (bikini) next year. I am a trainer currently working as the director of a health club, but adjusting to the perfection of a clean diet is what I am currently working on. Congratulations on your progress. That's awesome. How many shows have you competed in? What do you have coming up?
  • bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies --- Add me too --- looking for support from clean eaters and hard trainers ---- I'm happy to support all of your goals as well ;)
  • rickgomez2003
    Options
    I train to stay in shape and to one day fight again. Also to show my students that this old guy still has some fight left. Please feel free to add me.
  • shannon2331
    Options
    Could use any advice you can give.
  • aloubere
    Options
    I am on here dieting for my first Mixed Martial Arts fight! I find this site essential whenever i have to make a weight cut for a competition. Up till now it has been Brazilian jiu jitsu tournaments.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I train for the vague goal of looking good naked.
  • skinnyginny83
    skinnyginny83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I need tons of advice. I am currently subscribed to Oxygen Mag and I totally love it. Somewhat confused on the whole clean eatting thing though since a lot of the clean foods there mention in the mag are either really hard to find or do not taste all that good. Any help and advice would be great feel free to add me.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I'm just restarting my tracks to competition. I used to be training to start competing in endurance mountain bike events, but an injury threw me out of that idea.

I am now just starting to work my way towards more strength-oriented goals. I am working my way towards one-arm pull ups, push ups, pistol squats, etc. Once I am close to there, I will be looking into competing, as I feel it is a huge drive to make yourself better than who you currently are. It's also very addictive!

Anyone and everyone may feel free to add me!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    15 % BF is super impressive..!!! i am just trying to lose weight and get back in shape.Given my current 35 bf% it would be delusional to even think about competitions like that but maybe someday.It would be a huge inspiration to be around you :)
  • maxonehiphop
    maxonehiphop Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    started jiu jitsu to jump start my weight loss. continue to do jiu jitsu and a bunch of other stuff to stay fit.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on competing at the Ronnie on March 31st followed two weeks later by the Texas Shredder. Those will be my first competitions. I am going to be competing in physique to start off with then who knows if I'll just continue doing that or go into BB. Let's help each other Kayla! This is OUR year! :)
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to compete in my first figure competition in April as long as everything with my "Diet coach" is in order! Don't feel I have the expertise to plan my diet myself and make adjustments. Planning for 12 weeks of training and diet! Hopefully it works out or Im goign to be disappointed!!