A New Chapter

Options
New to MFP (joined at the beginning of the month).

I'm slow to add friends, but I've been tracking calories religiously since I joined. Some days are better than others, but I don't beat myself about the occasional indulgence. As for diet, I am not following anything specific, but focusing on portion control. As I continue this journey, I'm slowly retraining myself to pick the healthier options when given a choice. Sometimes I'm shocked at the numbers when I really start looking at labels, so it's a work in progress.

My 47 yr old body is tired and hurts from hauling an extra 100 lbs of weight around for the last decade. I'm sick of feeling this way!

Enough is enough for me and we all have to start somewhere, right?

There is more about me on my blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/gypsyrose64/view/introductions-437057

I've manage to shake a few pounds so far, and find encouragement from other's success on this site. My resolve is strong, and I'm ready for the challenge. I may fall down, make mistakes, and do it different sometimes. I may not always be chatty, but I'm not going anywhere. I'm committed to the long haul and whatever it takes to reclaim my life, my health and a brighter future.

If you think we have something in common, and want to accompany me on this trip - please feel free to add me as a friend.

"A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities." - William Arthur Ward

Replies

• tallgirl1960
    tallgirl1960 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    First chapter....I love a good book, beginning, middle and end, and the last page is always the best. Looking forward to reading your last page...and then there's always the sequel 'How to keep looking good'
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add. My goal is to reinvent myself by 50 (that gives me 2 yrs, lol) I'm ready and glad for the company. ;-)
  • Juashmom
    Options
    Just sent a friend request...
  • gypsyrose64
    Options
    Shameless bump... anyone else wanna tag along?
  • grammiemaggs
    Options
    I'm sending my friend request .... :flowerforyou:

lets-do-this.jpg
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    sent a friend request!!
  • adelemarie1103
    Options
    You all are my inspiration! Adding every single one of you! LET'S DO THIS!! xoxo :smile:
  • stpetegirl
    Options
    Well the good news is that 40 is the new 30 and 50 is the new 40, so you'll be in good shape for your next "40th" birthday! lol I have no doubt you can do this! Sending you a request now!
  • gypsyrose64
    Options
    AWESOME !!!! I have no doubt that we can do this!!

My mantra is:

SAY IT > VISUALIZE IT > BELIEVE IT > DO IT > FEEL IT HAPPEN!

Anything is possible folks! :happy: