Ready to cut the bulge!

Options
Hello to all you hopeful new friends-

I am 29 years old, and always tried to tell myself I'm quite healthy.

Reality hit me like a ton of bricks. Then a train rolled over me. And backed up.

I have always been a rather "long and lean" individual (5"11+, 1/2 Native and 1/2 Dutch), so putting on or shedding a few pounds was almost unnoticeable. However, turning 29 and being in a wonderful relationship has had it's drawbacks over the last year. I used to be quite the active individual and worked out at least a few times a week and always watched what I ate. Slower metabolism + new awesome boyfriend who loves to cook (with BACON grease!) + drinking wine socially/at home often and not being as active has suddenly exploded into "I-cannot-fit-into-any-of-my-clothing-and-I-could-just-cry".

I noticed the pants/shirts etc getting tighter and tighter, but when you can't even BUTTON the top button and you have that oh-so-sexy (not) muffin top spilling over the top, it really hits hard. Like a punch in the gut. And shin. And in the face.

I stepped on the scale and to my HORROR, I am 20lbs HEAVIER than I was about 2 months ago!! I almost fainted/died/cried/went into a deep hole in the ground forever and ever.

Once the shock wore off enough for me to comprehend that the scale was not lying to me (re-weighed myself about 15 times), I told boyfriend we were heading STRAIGHT to the gym that night. And so we did. (side note: i weighed myself there too because I still wasn't convinced it was telling me the truth...sadly...it was)

Anyway, I'm re-participating in myfitnesspal because the first time i signed up a few months ago, it was half-hearted. I am 100% committed to becoming active, healthy, happy and confident. And to the gym I go tonight. :)

Any support is GREATLY appreciated as I know I will need lots of encouragement.

Good luck to everyone on here and mostly to myself.

Happy Wednesday!

Replies

• SarahLiz0411
    SarahLiz0411 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love this! So happy you are ready to cut the bulge. I am right there with you lady! :)
  • cheaney
    cheaney Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Go for it girl, its totally do-able. We can all do it together :)
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    im sorry for your weight gain................but LOL too funny!
  • Michshellars
    Options
    Oh man, this is what happened to me when I went to the dr the other day! I was like, no way I gained that much weight. It sneaks up on you. I am 29 also. We've got to get healthy this year! :)
  • blsipma
    Options
    Yes to getting in shape by 30! :)
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Mine happened over the course of several years but, when I realized it, I was about 40 lbs over what I thought I should weigh...due to meeting my wife and her being a great cook (can't blame myself now can I?...lol)
  • donnawants2bslim
    Options
    I've set myself a goal of losing my unwanted weight by the time I turn 30, 2 years time. I want to be a sexy and healthy 30 year old, not fat and unhappy.
  • DanaRN218
    DanaRN218 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I have a wonderful boyfriend who is also a fabulous cook. I also just got back from vacation and over induldged way too much! I looked at the scale this morning and wanted to cry! but I am ready to commit as well! good luck to you!
  • blsipma
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support! :) We can do this!

one.day.at.a.time.
  • KarinaaD
    Options
    You Had Me At Hello c:

We All This Together! :smile: