do I get extra calories today?

Options
My daughter woke me up at 4am and I've been going ever since. Logically I burn more calories awake then asleep so I should get to eat more right?
Now that I've read it, this sounds suspiciously like what I call "girl logic".

Replies

• ShaeLovelyy
    Options
    The way i look at it is..the day is just the day..no matter what time your up at. I say eat your regular amount of calories because theres no rule that says..hey you have to eat 1200 calories from 9AM-10PM...its just throughout your day
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Girl Logic for the win!
  • bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I understand being up really early to really late at night, and while it is tempting to eat more just because you have been awake longer try to stay away from that. I would worry more about feeding your body if it is hungry. If you are hungry eat a healthy meal. If not then don't eat.
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Girl Logic for the win!

nice
  • Hannah645
    Hannah645 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've read that people who sleep less also weigh more. Getting 7-8 hours of sleep every night is supposed to be great for your waistline and sometimes so freaking hard too!

:flowerforyou: Nice try!
  • aidsmith
    aidsmith Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think you know the answer really, don't you!

I work odd hours and shifts, sometimes it's really hard to keep the balance and sometimes I'm tempted to use the next day's calories if I'm up for a long time. However, that would only work if you cut down the next day; the weekly totals would have to be sensible.

I've been doing MFP since April now, and have settled on the system of using the period between sleeps as a day, even if it is well over the 'normal' period. It has worked for me.