Can anybody recommend

Options
What food i should be eating and what i should not be eating from my Food Diary

Replies

• TriNorm
    TriNorm Posts: 27
    Options
    Kind of depends on your goals. If you're looking to lose weight, today's diary (at a very quick glance) looks okay in terms of overall calories/nutrition. Skipping lunch (and I'm the pot calling the kettle black, FYI) isn't always helpful, though.

Just my $0.02 (worth half that) and YMMV
  • zurgno1
    zurgno1 Posts: 47
    Options
    This were im confused i want to loose weight

so should i not eat anymore for the rest of the day
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Small frequent meals. If you skip a meal you might get so hungry it will lead to a big binge
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You have quite a deficit each day in intake, do you feel hungry at the end of the day?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You have quite a deficit each day in intake, do you feel hungry at the end of the day?

^^ This

I'm not sure why you are only eating 1200ish calories each day.
  • zurgno1
    Options
    well im out early around 8am and i try to eat about 11 am

and then i dont get a chance to eat till i get back home after the gym at about 8 pm

trying to loose weight
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    dude -- you need to keep some healthy snacks somewhere.. keep a little cooler in your car or at work or something. You need to be munching on some fruits and veggies. :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,660 Member
    Options
    Your days look well balanced--plenty of veg, not too many carbs. The only thing I would worry about is whether your very light lunches are sustainable longer term. They are so meagre that they could lead to a need to overeat later on in the day. I would add some protein and fibre to your lunch for satiation.
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Dont forget to drink the water. Very important. I see you're not tracking it.
  • zurgno1
    Options
    so can someone tell me as ia m trying to loose weight , have i eaten enough for today or do i have to go down to the wire:

Ie eat up all my Calories
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose.. first... ok.. your a a guy... and I dont know much on the number of cal per day.. but anyways...

The overall number one rule is to get healthy food, and change your options. If you can have a turkey burger instead of beef burger, if will lower the fat and cals (BTW dont worry VERY good!)

But the one thing I have discover, and it will sound silly, it's that the Canadian Nutrition Society (yeah Im from Canada! ) http://www.cns-scn.ca/HOME/default.asp - Well there are actually right on! You are not supposed to eat as much meat as we all do first of all! The portions we eat are way to much... It was a shock to me when I got here and started to really search on what I am supposed to eat.
    Sometimes we think we dont eat much but our cals at the end reaches 5000 per day! Woah!
    A small one cup of pasta is already 230 cal! I used to eat3 or 4 of tem with full of cheese!
    So now it's more 0 cal mustard instead of mayo and I have cut the pasta (but once a month..... heheheheh) low fat cheese, pita instead of bread etc....

So I'll let guys answer the number of cal you should eat depending on your activity level and weight... but change some habits... it works
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Key to weight loss, eat when you are hungry, eat healthy foods (from what I see of your diary you are eating fairly well balanced meals) and always eat up to your recommended daily caloric intake, or at least as close to it as you can get and do various exercise. If you are still hungry today, eat something else, you have plenty of calories to spare and you have exercised.

I find that eating Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Snack before workout, Dinner and possible other snack keeps me feeling full and happy all day without feeling deprived. Everyone is different when it comes to food consumption though, so you may be fine with Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Dinner or no snacks at all. Listen to your body it will not let you starve.

Also I looked at his other days, very rarely does he eat 1200 calories, it is usually close to 1600.

MFP Automatically creates a calorie deficit for you to lose weight so eating under your daily allowed calories is unnecessary because it is already calculating that for you. Minus your workouts if you ate 1900 calories a day (based on what I see in your diary) you should still lose weight. If you get close to that 2300 calorie a day allowance after working out, don't panic that is how you are supposed to be doing it.

I don't always eat back all of my calories (some days I am just not hungry enough) but I do eat close to what I have available and I have already dropped 15lbs.