Single and dating

Options

Replies

• Nina_Crowson
    Options
    I met my girl from POF and we been together for 4 years (Oct 19th) and have a wonderful relationship and an amazing 4 month old. I am very fortunate!

POF is a good one. i have a few friends that use it, and have met their significant others.

my friend told me about the site.. the funny thing is when he complains that it doesn't work to me, and says all the success stories are bs... I laugh at him and say "um... worked for me".

haha. that's funny. Well good for you! :)
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Do people really use this site for dating? I flirt but does anything really ever come out of it?
    MFP is the king of Long-Distance-Relationship dating sites. No. . nobody ever actually MEETS the person they fall in love with.

Well that's just sad

I think he was being sarcastic. In other words if you fall in love, you make it work

LOL gotcha it's so hard to read sarcasm.....

Sort of sarcastic.. more. . tragically jaded.. The person you meet and really connect with is inevitably far, far away. . Even if you both want to be together, it's impossible (sigh). . .

Nothing is impossible.

I've hooked up with someone one here, but we were already married so I don't think that counts. and I have met people from this site in person, always fun

Oh - Dear - Lord!
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Posted an Ad for a friend years ago... she made a match and got married. They are a perfect couple compliment each others personalities.

I am currently dating someone I met on a dating site... I was 100% honest in my profile and request the same from those few I went out with before meeting the current. Been dating now 4 months and I still like him! lol

But no rushing anything... I am living for me this time around so take no BS from anyone and he knows it!

Hard Limit=Lying! do it and you are gone... told from day 1!

Good luck!
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    There's good and bad in all dating sites. Freaks are everywhere. You have to be careful and selective.

As for the term BBW, that's the only choice I see fit when describing myself. I'm don't have a few pounds extra...I have many. And therefore I'm big, and beautiful, and I'm a woman. LOL.

oh i get it , freaks are a bad thing.

Not ALL freaks are bad...lol :devil:

Exactly. Not all freaks are bad. ;)

oh good cause i have a friend that wants to lick your belly button

Is he hoping to get out all the lint to add to his collection? Cuz that's HAWT!! :)

no its just a thing he has, a fetish, and he prefers if you pretend to cry when he does it, is that a problem?
  • jcdoodle1
    jcdoodle1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just a word of caution... I hear the dating sites are loaded with Narcissistic Personality disordered individuals seeking out their victims. I divorced my narcissistic husband this past Friday and don't want to consider the possibility (or liklihood) of ever having ANY kind of relationship with another one! I'm sure there are plenty of genuinely nice people but I personally am not willing to take that chance.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    There's always Craigslist!

Bahahaha
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    onlinedating1.jpg?w=500
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It seems everyone has avoided the BBW part of your question. I am sure they don't want anyone to have hurt feelings.

I think the reason it has developed a bad name is because it is used to describe someone that is not just big. When I think of a big beautiful woman, I think of a 6 foot tall woman or a woman with broad shoulders. However, it is usually attached to someone that is obese. Now being fat or obese does not make you unworthy of love and happiness (thank goodness!).

But most people, men or women, when going to a dating site are not looking for an obese partner.....yes even if they are obese. Which I find amusing when an obese friend won't look at anyone overweight to date and are surprised when they have trouble getting a date.

If you notice there is no real comparable term for a man. Fat guy that sits on the couch and has no intention of doing much else.....that doesn't go over well. And I was that guy for a long time. And Big Guy is still used for the 7' athlete and the fat guy. Although usually only the fat guy calls himself big. (I was guilty of that too)

I think we all know that true beauty starts inside. But it doesn't always show on the outside even if you are not obese or fat. Or perhaps we just have trouble seeing it thanks to modern media. Sometimes the internet allows us to get to know someone for who they really are. That is awesome. But other times people simply hide part of themselves when online. ( To some degree we all do but some are extreme about it)

Just remember that what works for some doesn't work for others. Online or in person, pursuing a hobby (honestly, not just to hook up.) often leads to people that you will naturally get along with. Directly or indirectly this may lead to a relationship.

Just my two cents.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    duplicate my bad
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Hello Please tell me how you feel about Dating Sites? Good / Bad ? Why do people dislike the term Big Beautiful Woman? I feel I'm a Plus size woman. I feel that I'm pretty. Thank you Have a great Day.

I've been using dating sites since my divorce almost a year ago. Much of my social circle had been "married friends" or guys from my homebrew club.

First - be prepared for rejection. It can take a while of sending out emails/questions until that one person (a) responds and (b) you feel there is a click.

There are people (male and female) out there who just use even the "reputable" sites for sex and/or dinner. One lady I dated for a while was dating several men at the same time. She was at least honest about it though. I personally didn't want that, so had to move on, but we've remained friends. Not everyone will be honest, of course! Other times, you finally meet, and there is no connection, even after emailing etc for a while. All of the people I have met were nice, friendly, clean etc... just not always a real connection. [Actually - not all clean. There was one lady who had dog poop on her bed...]

Sometimes it works though. I'm currently 2 months into a relationship with one lady, and it's working pretty well.

As to the BBW - well, I will say that my personal preferences don't run that way. I exclude people who put that in their profile. To me, it does mean obese.
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I never thought of this as a dating site. Working on myself now. That the best medicine of all. Dating can wait until I'm where I want to be.

I wish I could encourage you to go for it, but I had my fill of bad experiences over the years (off and on). Wore my self-esteem down badly before I realized it. People tend to use those sites like a shopping catalog for next weekend's entertainment. It takes a good deal of energy to ferret out the one's worth meeting.

It can be entertaining to partake in, if you don't take it seriously or let it affect your self-image. Unfortunately, people do lie about lots of things on those sites. I lost count of the times I was jerked around by someone who was never serious about meeting, and just wanted to "play" on the webcam. :huh:

Edit: About the label of BBW .... yea, I am certainly not "a few extra pounds" so I used BBW. Then I had men argue with me that I wasn't BBW after seeing pictures. It took meeting in person for them to get the reality of it and then they would have this look on their face like I drank their last beer. LOL (you can't win sometimes)
  • MagicWhispers
    Options
    MFP is a wonderful dating site.

Hello to all the single guys! How you doin'? :wink:

this lol
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I am scared of dating sites. However, I'm scared of getting hurt again, so I'm pretty much scared of dating. But, meeting someone from online just seems like asking for danger.

random! but,where can i get one of those shirts?
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    okay! back on topic!

if it works for you,it works for you!
    but,be careful.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I like a girl on here but she's a little far away ;)
    It's still doable.
  • LaughingLatina
    LaughingLatina Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I read through a page worth of posts and I just figured out what MFP was, hahahaha. You can tell I'm new!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I met my girl from POF and we been together for 4 years (Oct 19th) and have a wonderful relationship and an amazing 4 month old. I am very fortunate!

POF is a good one. i have a few friends that use it, and have met their significant others.

my friend told me about the site.. the funny thing is when he complains that it doesn't work to me, and says all the success stories are bs... I laugh at him and say "um... worked for me".

haha. that's funny. Well good for you! :)

I have to say I've personally had negative experiences with POF. I think if you want to try internet dating use a more reputable site like match or eharmony. Freaks are maybe less inclined to pay for something when they can get it free on POF. Just my personal opinion
  • Show_Stopper
    Show_Stopper Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Do people really use this site for dating? I flirt but does anything really ever come out of it?

MFP is the king of Long-Distance-Relationship dating sites. No. . nobody ever actually MEETS the person they fall in love with.

Well that's just sad

I think he was being sarcastic. In other words if you fall in love, you make it work

LOL gotcha it's so hard to read sarcasm.....

Sort of sarcastic.. more. . tragically jaded.. The person you meet and really connect with is inevitably far, far away. . Even if you both want to be together, it's impossible (sigh). . .

It's not impossible love people can relocate
  • Pnknlvr96
    Pnknlvr96 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello to all the single guys! How you doin'? :wink:

My thoughts exactly! :flowerforyou:

But as for the BBW, it depends on who you ask for the definition of it. Is it 30 lbs. heavier or 200 lbs. heavier? Or just anyone who is heavier? I'd rather define myself as "getting healthy," but that's not an option for online dating. It's either "athletic and toned" or "overweight." I'm athletic, but I'm not toned (yet). Ah, gotta love labels.
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I met my fiancé on a dating website xx however I had dates with lots of frogs and toads first xxxxxx