Single and dating

Options
124»

Replies

• elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I met my girl from POF and we been together for 4 years (Oct 19th) and have a wonderful relationship and an amazing 4 month old. I am very fortunate!

POF is a good one. i have a few friends that use it, and have met their significant others.

my friend told me about the site.. the funny thing is when he complains that it doesn't work to me, and says all the success stories are bs... I laugh at him and say "um... worked for me".

haha. that's funny. Well good for you! :)

I have to say I've personally had negative experiences with POF. I think if you want to try internet dating use a more reputable site like match or eharmony. Freaks are maybe less inclined to pay for something when they can get it free on POF. Just my personal opinion

This is where I met my OH :) I also used match.com.... Trust me there are weirdos in all sites! I got sick of chatting to men then a few weeks down the line and mobile numbers being exchanged... I got pictures of them in their under pants! Hilarious.. One was in his late 40's and his pants where very white and very very big!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    onlinedating1.jpg?w=500

YUP!
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    Hummm.. neva though of MFP as a dating site .. but after reading on here it wld be a gr8 place to get acquainted with someone.. given the facts 2 peeps trying for a better lifestyle.. might just be wht I've been missing.............. Hummmm HELLO TO ALL WHO'S SINGLE :)
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Hummm.. neva though of MFP as a dating site .. but after reading on here it wld be a gr8 place to get acquainted with someone.. given the facts 2 peeps trying for a better lifestyle.. might just be wht I've been missing.............. Hummmm HELLO TO ALL WHO'S SINGLE :)

ME! lol. I am single though.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    I met my girl from POF and we been together for 4 years (Oct 19th) and have a wonderful relationship and an amazing 4 month old. I am very fortunate!

POF is a good one. i have a few friends that use it, and have met their significant others.

my friend told me about the site.. the funny thing is when he complains that it doesn't work to me, and says all the success stories are bs... I laugh at him and say "um... worked for me".

haha. that's funny. Well good for you! :)

I have to say I've personally had negative experiences with POF. I think if you want to try internet dating use a more reputable site like match or eharmony. Freaks are maybe less inclined to pay for something when they can get it free on POF. Just my personal opinion

I met my perfect freak ... FOR FREE
  • Glassgal01
    Glassgal01 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on Bigchurch.com a dateing place for many religions. I didnt really meet anyone else there. When I decided to leave the site. They sent me an E-mail telling me he would like to contact me. He also lived in the same town as I live. We married 6 months later and are very happy. I didn't meet any wwierdos on there and nor did he. He did go on Match.com and said there were alot of strange ones on there. Be careful wherever you go and good luck. :)
  • audra_g
    audra_g Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Exactly.. Here u can find people that have common goals.. Eating healthy and working out. What better place than MFP!
  • gothamriots
    Options
    Go to Craigslist. Someone will respond.

lol, kidding, don't do that. Please don't do that.

As for success stories, I do know Deborah Ann Woll from True Blood met her guy online. That having been said, I think giving success stories and reasons why online dating is a y/n isn't really gonna help you. If you want to try it out, then try it out. You've got to see what works for you, not what's worked for other people. Just my two cents~