Why all Jillian but no bob?

Options
Jillian Michaels is very popular, especially on these forums, but I'm curious to why no one has ever tried or mentions Bob Haper workout dvds? I've seen the trailers and they seem intense, and seems to me that his dvds would produce good results as well.
also, all the reviews I read were good and expressed how hard the workouts are, yet I cannot find ANY before and after pics (which is what I'm really after) anywhere even if I googled.
Any thoughts?

In case anyone says it I'll just say I did order Bob Harpers workout dvd total body transformation from amazon and expect it around the 26th.

Incase you're interested: https://www.mytrainerbob.com/store/home.php

http://www.collagevideo.com/searchresults.aspx?type=all&search=bob+harper

Replies

• charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.... I didn't even know they existed. But he is definitely pretty easy on the eyes and I would do pretty much whatever he says, so I'm willing to try!!

Has anybody used them? Any results?
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Jillian. I have a wii "game" of hers, and the fact that I don't like her makes it so much more fun! My kids think its funny when I tell her off. Now, I'm not sure I could tell Bob to "go fly a kite." Hmmm... When I go buy a new video, I guess one of his will be at the top of the list!
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Jillian will put her name, face, and abs on anything with a price tag.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Part of the appeal of Jillian's videos is that they're not an hour long and she works you pretty hard the whole time. Things like P90x and Insanity are great if you have an hour or two to devote to your workout at home, but if you're trying to sneak in a 30 minute workout in between 400 other things, the shorter ones are more appealing. I'm not a fan of any 1 video trainer. I look for something that doesn't irritate me too much and that I can do in the area I have with the tools I have. I only got the Jillian videos after friends recommended them to me because of said time issue.
  • Charmed285
    Charmed285 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I get it, shorter and more effective workouts the better for most people. P90X, insanity are an hour long and are mentioned a lot of times here as well as other places and they're an hour long. Jillian and bob are on the same show, same info, and everthing yet it's all Jillian but rarely bob. i'm not advocating for either one or think bob is better at all I'm simply curious and fustrated to why I can't get the info I want for his workouts whereas jillian is all over the place. and how did she become so popular and he's on a back burner ( I guess is the phrase). also, he has a shorter workout as well along with his hour dvds.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Jillian has a better marketing strategy. That's it.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i have the cardio max dvd.
    i could punch jillian in the face!

LOVE BOB THOUGH!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I've seen posts about his workouts here and heard they were really good. I put a couple in my Blockbuster queue.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I actually really enjoy her workouts, they pack a real punch in a short amount of time. Plus, seeing her figure and muscle definition, really is a motivator for me. She is a petite woman, like me, so I know it's possible! It just pushes me further!
  • _jk0g_
    _jk0g_ Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Jillian's Body Revolution and I love it. I agree with others that she just markets herself more than Bob does. I would be curious to try some of his workouts.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Bob's workouts are longer, but kick *kitten*. I tried his Beginner's weight loss transformation and loved it. Don't be fooled by the name.

I have rented rest of his dvds from library. can't wait to try them all and plan to buy a few as well.
    He has a $5 sale going on in his website.

Will be moving on to Jillian too. I like her as much as Bob.
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about this the other day. I LOVE Bob's workouts!! They are very intense and I always feel really great after I am done.
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I didn't know he had any, so thanks!! I will look for these.
  • knelson422
    Options
    I LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE the Bob Harper Inside out method "Pure Strength" and "Cardio Rev". I have done several Jillian Michaels workouts and I have to say, I like Bob's better. They are harder, but worth the effort. I am drenched at the end of the workout. Running used to be my primary form of exercise, but I have noticed since I have started doing Bob's DVD's that my arms are much more toned and my legs and core as well. Good luck!!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Jillian has a better marketing strategy. That's it.

Stole my answer
  • knelson422
    Options
    Bob's are about an hour long. I do half if I don't have time for the whole thing, and it is plenty.
    I just looked on his MyTrainerBob.com and you can get a couple of complete sets of DVD's for $20. There are several others on sale for $5 a piece too. That's way cheaper than a gym membership, but you do need to purchase weights for them. Good luck!!
  • Charmed285
    Options
    any pics?? love to see them if you do. I was wary of using my debit card for his dvds on his site because there wasn't a lock on my browser so I was worried my info wouldn't be protected even though it says so on his site so I went to amazon as a precaution. and thanks everyone for replying. if anyone has any beforea and after photos I'd love to see them.
    I LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE the Bob Harper Inside out method "Pure Strength" and "Cardio Rev". I have done several Jillian Michaels workouts and I have to say, I like Bob's better. They are harder, but worth the effort. I am drenched at the end of the workout. Running used to be my primary form of exercise, but I have noticed since I have started doing Bob's DVD's that my arms are much more toned and my legs and core as well. Good luck!!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have his Total Body Transformation beginner workout and it killed me. 45 minutes and i was dead after 15. He is insane.
    I do Jillian DVDs because they are easier, I'll do the Bob one later after I have mastered Jillian's Body Revolution and 30 Day Shred.
  • Charmed285
    Options
    ^ love that, thank you. any ideas which one of his dvds is best to start out with and which one''s to progress into?
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Bob's workouts are longer, but kick *kitten*. I tried his Beginner's weight loss transformation and loved it. Don't be fooled by the name.

I've got that one...it's bloody hard! Very good though.