Have you had results with leslie sansone dvds?

Options

Replies

• Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have 5 of her dvds and would like to order a few more. I would choose a dvd to suit your level of fitness. Collagevideo.com has them graded into beginner/intermediate/advanced.

I like the 5 mile walks and prefer 12 minute miles. The boost sections are gentle jogs. It gets you off the couch and exercising and you can build up your fitness level. You can gradually alternate other workouts with walking.

The best thiing for me is that I am challenged but not wiped out by the dvds. I use a HRM and burn enough calories to cover at least one meal. I can make this part of my day indefinitely. I don't wake up sore in the mornings. I work full time and have 3 kids and my husband and I like to get out there in the world and do things on weekends so these dvds fit into the busy weekly schedule.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yes, indeed. Much of the 20 lbs I have shed since January have been through walking. I walk outside but I also use DVDs and I have Leslie in the rotation every week along with a few others (Kathy Smith, Prevention, Petra Kolber, Karen Voight). I am 52 and I just prefer lower impact aerobics for cardio. I do boost much of my walking with light jogging because just walking does not get my heart rate up as much now that I am more fit.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I swear by Leslie Sansone. Her DVD's are fabulous!! It's because of her I lost my weight. I don't have an HRM but I do work up quite a sweat with her. I count it as low impact aerobics on MFP. To increase the intensity of the workout I often add more running/jogging and add higher kicks when I do the session. Because of Leslie I went from a size 14 pants to size 8.
  • netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have started back wholeheartedly on MFP since 9/17/2012....I get up every morning and do Leslie - at least 30 minutes of any of her videos/strive for 45 minutes and I tend to not work out on Sunday...Anyway, thus far I have lost 12 miles and my core is getting stronger, my arms, legs etc, BUT.....my energy level is through the roof all because I get up and workout....I work on the computer all day and play on the computer usually in the evening, but the energy to get supper done, housework done and now my boyfriend is telling me to slow down - LOL!!! - I LOVE LESLIE!!! - I really do want to get a heart rate monitor so I can be more accurate, but right now log it as low impact aerobics and just try to stay close to my calorie limit.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I can't say that I've actually lost weight with Leslie, because I've been inconsistent with doing her videos...BUT, I can say that I have quite of few of them and I LOVE Leslie Sansone. I love her voice, her "spirit" and actually her body size is my role model and the size and shape I'd ultimately like to get to. She's cute and her personality makes me smile, even though I know EVERY word she's going to say, she still makes me smile during my workout. Thanks for this topic, you've inspired me to try walking with Leslie again soon.
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I had some decent success with Leslie Sansone. What I liked best about it is that it's not hard on my knees! When I tried 30DS, Jillian's moves could be murder on my knees.

Also, I believe that the 3-mile-with-weights is the BEST of all her videos. I feel that it gives the best, most consistent workout, and the weights add just the perfect bit of resistance so that you're really getting an all-over workout, and it kicks your heart rate up properly.

I've tried some of her other videos, and either she's super-perky in those (annoying), or the sequence of exercises seems off or inefficient, or she makes more errors in counting or direction, or she's got people in the background who either have *terrible* form or can't keep rhythm to save their life. Some videos also have horrible 'direction' or production values - meaning that often the camera is focusing on someone's *foot*, to the detriment of showing the whole move, or the exercise is changing, but the camera misses the change.

These things might not bother a lot of people, but they annoy the snot out of me.

So, that said, I *love* the 3-mile-with-weights, because there are only about three very minor errors throughout the whole video, the biggest one being that at one point she switches to....knee-ups when she's supposed to go to kick-backs, I think? Something like that. But she's cheery without tipping over into truly annoying, and her backup people clearly know what they're doing, and have practiced so that they don't screw up and throw anyone else off.
  • simplycee
    Options
    I've lost 100 pounds. I owe some of my initial success to Leslie. When I started my weight loss journey I could barely get through her dvd. Now I am in better shape and still put her dvd in to change it up every now and then.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    what if you only have about 10 pounds to lose

I lost (my last) 16 pounds, as well as inches off my tummy, waist and all my other measurements using LS DVDs. I also lost a dress/ pant size(s) depending on the clothing.

Now that I do not want to loose any more pounds but want to get stronger I have now started to add in some other exercise and continue to loose inches. I credit her DVDs for loosing my last pounds. I'm in maintenance mode now trying to get more toned and strong. Still using the DVDs as well as adding in other exercise.

LOVE LOVE LOVE her DVDs and am so grateful for having discovered them.
    :flowerforyou:
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    I absolutely love her! Her workouts do what they are supposed to if you do them like she does them... they make you sweat! I always have a good burn (she always says you can burn a meal with her workouts) when I use her.
    I use her when it is raining outside and I can't get out to walk/jog. I have a friend on here that used her a LOT when she started out, and she lost a lot of weight from her!
    I wish you the best. Keep using her.. you honestly have nothing to lose but weight/inches!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mirsasha
    Options
    I've lost 100 pounds. I owe some of my initial success to Leslie. When I started my weight loss journey I could barely get through her dvd. Now I am in better shape and still put her dvd in to change it up every now and then.

Same here! Her DVDs no longer get my heart rate up much (unless I add weights and do a lot of jogging), but when I started, I could barely get through a one mile walk. I was too embarrassed at my size to exercise in a gym and it was too hot to go walking outside. I did Walk at Home 6 days a week. I still use them on days I'm having trouble getting myself motivated to go outside for a walk or go to the gym.
  • jordypooo
    jordypooo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! awesome posts.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Oddly, I don't find her voice irritating. She's upbeat, but not super cheery. I appreciate that she hasn't lied to me about how many more reps she wants me to do. When she asks for 8 more, she doesn't talk for 2 minutes and then count out the 8.

I did the full 5 Day Slim Down yesterday and I felt really worked up. I would buy more of her dvds if I can find them.

There a ton of her DVD's on Amazon! Pretty cheap too..
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yes, about 15 lbs. gone with her videos. Love it!! (Although her voice is kind of annoying.) :laugh:

I put on music and mute her, but yes love her dvd's especially when rainy out.
  • iwantwow
    iwantwow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i have been doing these high impact dvds and they are really brutal on my knees,can u tell me how many months it took to lose around 30 pounds with these dvds..time is no issue for me..also i am 192 pounds and 5'3"
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Pics anyone?
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options

So, that said, I *love* the 3-mile-with-weights, because there are only about three very minor errors throughout the whole video, the biggest one being that at one point she switches to....knee-ups when she's supposed to go to kick-backs, I think? Something like that. But she's cheery without tipping over into truly annoying, and her backup people clearly know what they're doing, and have practiced so that they don't screw up and throw anyone else off.

this made me chuckle as I just did this work out again this week for about the 1000th time and this "boo-boo" still makes me laugh. :laugh:
  • pongo609
    pongo609 Posts: 9
    Options
    I like her a lot. I think she is very cheery and I am successful with her but I don't do the same of anything workout day after day. However when I started at 301 lbs all I did was walk in my neighborhood and I get a lot more cardio in with her than that. You know what else I like the women on her video's have on clothes I get sick of video where every ones boobs are coming out of their tops. So I appreciate that I want to exercise no have a peep show.
  • marshmallow8978
    marshmallow8978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I like them. As someone else posted, I can always find enough energy for a watp dvd. Sometimes i dont even put on shoes or workout clothes, just do it in my pjs. I did them a lot while pregnant too, and now that i have a baby i do them with her strapped on me (modified). When i am too sore from other dvds, i can always walk and she doesnt really get on my nerves, her backup girls look like real people, and it burns calories.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I am doing her videos because I have a swollen disk in my lower back. All I can say is I love her low impact workout. I just started them a few weeks ago and I am combining them with low calories so that I lose weight. I have done 30ds and liked that too but I couldn't get through level 2 because of my back and then I was doing my elliptical and Turbofire but again to much pain after a while, now I am getting up early just because I enjoy Leslies workouts. I can do them first thing and not worry about being half asleep or being to sore.
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I started walking with Leslie this winter. Living in MN, it can be a long winter!!! Am up to the 5 mile walk now. Her voice can get annoying but it is worth it!!! I haven't bought any of her dvds but have googled her and watch videos on youtube. Wearing out the carpet in front of the computer!!! Good luck!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!