NEED ADVICE

Options
I just completed my 4th boot camp of the year. They each last 7 weeks. I go M-W-F for an hour, and then I do an hour long TRX class on thursday. So I get 4 days of cardio in a week. And on the weekends I am busy chasing my kids, doing hours of house work or outside work. So I am pretty active. Here's my dilema. After the first 3 boot camps I have lost numerous inches and 38 pounds, don't get me wrong, I am very very proud of myself, but.....we just did measurements and weight today, and I maintained weight, and gained 1/4" here and 1/4" there. Seriously?! I definitely feel muscle definition in my biceps and thighs now, but come on! I busted my *kitten* for 7 weeks again, and feel better but I want to look better too! In boot camp we do so much cross training so I don't think it's what I am doing there. Maybe my diet??? I am not perfect in anyway. I LOVE my sweets, and I will have some when I want, of course I only have a few instead of the whole bag. My diet has improved so much since January. I am eating more veggies, and fruits. My portions are much better. Overall I am very concious of what I am putting in my body. So with that said, I don't always eat back ALL my calories, should that be something I do religiously? Another thing: I am under a huge amout of stress right now with my daughter being ill, so maybe that is inhibiting me?? I just need some help!

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Do you need to lose more weight or inches? Or are you already there? Once you're at goal you can only go so far.
  • Pentdad
    Pentdad Posts: 23
    Options
    You are doing well, this excersise is making you very healthy.
  • Pentdad
    Pentdad Posts: 23
    Options
    by the way hun, you did so well in your first 3 that your weightloss is slowing down- its natural. It cant go on at that pace forever. You can see your body toning up, personally I dont think you're doing anything wrong
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Measurements can varry everyday as well as your weight will. I would not stress on that as you have accomplished a lot already
  • janorris82
    Options
    Oh yes I NEED to lose the weight and inches! I am only 5'3" and weigh 220. So I should be at 150(maxium weight) for my height. My goal is 150#'s. So I am far from it! And to answer the other question about my daughter, she is being referred to a Pediatric Infectious Disease doctor. She has something called necrotizing granulomatous lymphadenitis. BUT we don't know what is causing it in her cervical lymph nodes, so as of right now that is my main worry......how and when can we treat it. We are still waiting on cultures from her biopsy. So I'm sure you can understand my stress.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Even though there's lots of cross training in boot camps, make sure you're still challenging yourself while you're there. Once your body is used to something, you need to mix it up a bit or push a bit harder to keep getting results.

I hope everything turns out ok with your daughter!
  • Cahillj
    Cahillj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you considered trying P90X? I've been using it for two years, and while I got in better shape, I didn't lose the weight until I combined MFP with P90X on January 1st, 2012. Since that time I am down 70lbs. You will not get bored with the workouts and you will not only lose weight, you'll really tone up fast. Either way, good luck!!!
  • janorris82
    Options
    Have you considered trying P90X? I've been using it for two years, and while I got in better shape, I didn't lose the weight until I combined MFP with P90X on January 1st, 2012. Since that time I am down 70lbs. You will not get bored with the workouts and you will not only lose weight, you'll really tone up fast. Either way, good luck!!!

I have heard others and watched others do P90X....looks VERY difficult. Would I even be able to do anything without modifying everything?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Given what you said, maybe it's time to look at what you're eating carefully - not just calories but carbs and getting things that are less processed.

If you're spending a lot of time in hospitals (hope things go well for your daughter) it can be tough to eat healthy, ironically enough. I would not sweat your lack of weight loss or inches at all. Weight is about diet, and there's a lot of slack in those measurements.

But if you're plateued, look at your food intake and take your next baby step towards a healthier diet and lower weight. It will all come in time. And the boot camp is just plain good for your health - physical and mental.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Measurements can varry everyday as well as your weight will. I would not stress on that as you have accomplished a lot already
    Yes, and it could be water retention from various factors, including eating more carbs (which I am not saying is bad), or salt, or your monthly cycle, or working out hard, etc.
    You are doing a good job!
  • doniwat
    doniwat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Andrea, you are *rocking* boot camp and I'm proud of all you've accomplished ... and will continue to accomplish! It's hard when the body doesn't lose at the rate my mind thinks it should. Are you signing up for the next MWF BC?

I can't imagine what you're going through with your daughter ... but let me tell you, you have 110% of my respect that you're continuing to take care of your own health in spite of the stress. You could have thrown away your healthy habits, but you haven't ... you're still with us!!!

{{{ HUGS }}}