what i have noticed

Options
mandy0688
mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
I have started this site on 8/20 lost five pounds than gave up for a month or so. In that month i gained the five pounds plus ten. Then I got back on it. I started at a whopping 217 lbs. My first week, i lost 7lbs.. my second week i lost 2 lbs. My third week... i gained 1.3lbs. I freaked out. Wanted to give up and because of my friends on here I have not given up. I have worked harder. Sunday will be my final weigh in for October and this week i noticed that my work shirt is loose on me. I thought that was interesting because i can stare at the mirror all day and not even notice. My work pants are not tight anymore either. Its a small change but I am proud of myself for not giving up and to anyone out there who feels like this is not working. you will have a downfall, you will be discouraged but remember your friends on this site are there. If you are reading this and want another friend add me. I log everyday. I even log in what i shouldn't eat. I am honest. and even though i may have days i go over my calories, tomorrow is a new day. If I, an emotional rollarcoaster with no self esteem, can do this SO CAN YOU!!!!

Replies

• graceface9
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats on all the positive changes. I just got into this site a few days ago, but I love all the great people. I am trying to log everything I eat and everything I do. I like the accountability and seeing other people's journey also motivates me. Going to add you as a new friend soon!
  • mandy0688
    Options
    Just accepted you.
  • NessaKay85
    Options
    I hear you on the not following thru with it. I started the site and had lost 11lbs and was doing alright but then I quit losing and tried everything. I couldn't shed a single pound so I gave up and quit logging my food and quit working out. I gained back 5lbs and now I am back on here and ready to get with it. I need to lose 30lbs to be back to my pre-prego weight and I really want to get there! I want to try to get pregnant again next summer and I WILL not do that until I get this weight off! So I am ready to get with the program!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Mandy, that is so great. This time next year you'll be at your goal weight, so take some pictures of your whole body along the way so you will have something with which to compare your success.

The scale is not the best way to track your success..I'll bet some of your smart friends have already said that!

Congrats on a good start.
  • mandy0688
    Options
    Mandy, that is so great. This time next year you'll be at your goal weight, so take some pictures of your whole body along the way so you will have something with which to compare your success.

The scale is not the best way to track your success..I'll bet some of your smart friends have already said that!

Congrats on a good start.

I have taken before pics, i wanted to cry but i am here making a difference. I want to be down to 135 when me and my fiance get married.
  • lucyinthesky2007
    lucyinthesky2007 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have a similar story. I've started and stopped a few times since I started MFP 2 years ago. But I finally buckeled down about 8 months ago. I got on the scale and I was a wopping 210 lbs. I knew I had to do something. I haven't always done perfect and I'm not "dieting" or following a "food plan". I'm doing what works for me. Portion control, adding more fruits and veggies, and no more drinking my calories. WATER ONLY. That along with walking or jogging 4 days a week has not only made me feel tons better but as of yesterday I'm down 45 lbs! My goal is a toned 145-150ish hopefully by January 1st. Like you I feel like if I can do it anyone can! Lol! I'm the biggest couch potato you will ever meet and I work in a bakery....Temptation is litteraly everywhere for me.
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :)
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    This is my first time on MFP but I have lost and gained quite a few times. I know something feels different for me now. I know I am going to do it this time. I am loving the accountability of logging everything and seeing how many calories I burned with exercise, etc. And you can not beat this kind of support. Anyone, feel free to add me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!