What is your primary love language?

Colonel_Brandon
Colonel_Brandon Posts: 256 Member
OK, so this is for those who have read "The 5 Love Languages" and taken the test at the end.

So... what's your primary love language? And if you know your scores, what are they?

I'm just intensely curious about this. I've not been in a serious relationship since I read the book and haven't had an opportunity to see how applicable this is. Wondering about success stories out there... if there are any.

So...

HERE'S ME!

12 - Physical Touch
9 - Words of Affirmation
5 - Quality Time
4 - Acts of Service
0 - Gifts

What'd you score?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Words of affirmation followed closely by quality time and gifts... Fiance still does not get it...:frown: :noway:
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    sammich
  • 11 Physical touch
    10 Quality time
    5 Words of affirmation
    4 Acts of service
    0 Gifts

Loved the book!
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    I took the quiz, but some of the questions were forced choices and neither answer fitted. Here are my results:

Your Scores
    7 Words of Affirmation
    9 Quality Time
    0 Receiving Gifts
    10 Acts of Service
    4 Physical Touch
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    I don't remember my exact results, but the top one was definitely Quality Time, while Receiving Gifts were at the bottom.

But really, my primary love language is Yiddish.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Love Language Scores:
    6 Words of Affirmation
    8 Quality Time
    0 Receiving Gifts
    9 Acts of Service
    7 Physical Touch
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    This concept has always been quite applicable for me. I can't remember my scores, but know they rank heavily more towards the top than further down. My last relationship was with someone who gave and valued acts of service, gifts and quality time completely over physical touch and words of affirmation.. let's just say I was very unhappy for a number of years.

Physical Touch
    Words of Affirmation
    Quality Time
    Acts of Service
    Gifts
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    4 Words of Affirmation
    10 Quality Time
    1 Receiving Gifts
    4 Acts of Service
    11 Physical Touch
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    sammich

made me smile..
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,087 Member
    its very true, i enjoy time with my husband alone, and we love to touch and hug and kiss and cuddle... i dont get the receiving gifts one.. i guess we're not gift givers. i just cant put a lot of value on things.

10 Physical Touch
    9 Quality Time
    7 Words of Affirmation
    4 Acts of Service
    0 Receiving Gifts
  • curls22207
    curls22207 Posts: 31 Member
    7 Words of Affirmation
    8 Quality Time
    2 Receiving Gifts
    2 Acts of Service
    11 Physical Touch

i've always been a touch girl. taught my boyfriend about this when we first started dating and he's always been really good about telling me he loves me in my love language. :]
  • MyPsalm63
    MyPsalm63 Posts: 303
    I have the book and tested. I'm Bilingual ;). Physical Touch and Quality time are my top ones. Then Words of affirmation, Acts of service and Gifts.
  • lmjonesga
    lmjonesga Posts: 32 Member
    Don't remember my exact score either but I do remember the order...words of affirmation being the highest and gifts being the lowest.

Words of Affirmation
    Physical Touch
    Quality Time
    Acts of Service
    Gifts
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Words of Affirmation, followed by Physical Touch. Last on my list is Acts of Service.

My Hubby's top two are Acts of Service, followed by Physical Touch. Last on his list is Words of Affirmation.

Luckily, that Physical Touch keeps us connected! :wink: But seriously, it is good to know these things. He's a quiet guy who struggles with words, but knowing how important they are to me, he's made a big effort to compliment and praise me more. I'm pulled in sooo many different directions (we have six children), that it is tempting for me to say "you're a grown man, make your own sammich!" but knowing that making his sammiches means "love" to him...I do it gladly.

Wanted to add that I wish we had read this much sooner, like before we got married. It has made a difference in our relationship.
  • Shawty_Ro
    Shawty_Ro Posts: 135
    7 Words of Affirmation
    8 Quality Time
    2 Receiving Gifts
    2 Acts of Service
    11 Physical Touch
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,079 Member
    6 Words of Affirmation
    7 Quality Time
    0 Receiving Gifts
    6 Acts of Service
    11 Physical Touch
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    My husband and I are working through this book now after reconciling after a 1 year separation.

I can't remember my scores, but we just did the test:

Words of Affirmation
    Physical Touch
    Acts of Service
    Quality Time
    Receiving Gifts

His top 2 were Words of Affirmation and Acts of Service.

I'm hopeful that the concept helps us! It's nice to see that so many other people have read the book and like the concept.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    sammich

FTMFW!!! hahaha
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Equal in physical touch & words of affirmation. This was such a fantastic book. I haven't started the ones for kids. I think it will be beneficial to see it applied in other relationships besides my marriage.