Exercise Difficulty

Options
Hi All

Quick question for those in the know! I have tried Googling this but seem to struggle to get a clear answer! Basically I excercise about 5 or 6 days a week, not overly so (12 mile cycle per day mon-fri, 2xsquash games and 2x gym over the week). Some days I just find it SO easy! Will cycle to work in no time, go crazy on a gym machine, or be all over the court at squash. Some days though, including this morning - hence the post, I feel like im moving on treacle... this morning I found my cycle to work so difficult! It hurt my thighs (really deep burn) and I found it really hard to get up pace... it took me 5 mins more than usual. I don't see any patterns from what I can see. I ate a lot of protein last night, I generally excercise at the same times etc etc.

Anya advice appreciated!

Thanks

A

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    It's normal and expected. Some days I can't even do 30 mins on the elliptical or the weights just aren't moving. I eat very consistently so who knows. Maybe it's stress, lack of sleep, different food, some combination of factors. Happens to everyone. I wouldn't sweat it. If it starts happening a lot I'd try to work in more rest days or a week off/deload week here and there.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    It's normal and expected. Some days I can't even do 30 mins on the elliptical or the weights just aren't moving. I eat very consistently so who knows. Maybe it's stress, lack of sleep, different food, some combination of factors. Happens to everyone. I wouldn't sweat it. If it starts happening a lot I'd try to work in more rest days or a week off/deload week here and there.

You should be getting more rest...and those days are just your body telling you it needs a break. I dont practice what I preach however and I just tell my body to shutup and keep going. :)

I also do 5-6 days with no only cardio but heavy lifting...and its alot...after about 2-3 weeks...there will be a 2-3 day period where my body just does not want to perform at its normal level.
  • CLCinNOLA
    CLCinNOLA Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have an "off day" when I just cannot seem to lift what I normally lift. On those days, I give it a genuine try and lift what I can. I might also add some light, restful cardio like the exercycle with very low resistance.

Then I promise to myself that I will go back to the usual weights the next time.

Often I find that this difficulty is the first symptom of a cold/flu that I did not realize I had caught.