Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    get a hobby?
  • cbferriss
    cbferriss Posts: 122
    Options
    I eat when bored too. I listen to audiobooks while doing manual labor at home or work. It keeps my mind busy.
  • Fr33zefram3
    Fr33zefram3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    get a hobby?

Like cooking!

owait...
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Same. Gotta entertain yourself, or just get outside or away from the food in general. I like to go hiking and stuff and take minimal food with me... keeps me moving, not eating.
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Try to keep yourself busy or take a walk if the weather permits. I have to battle my days off and thats what i try to do. And water, lots of it. Just try to keep yourself away from that kitchen whatever it takes, hope this helps and good luck. if you want add me
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I still have problems with this and we have to discipline to change our direction in some way....Make yourself realize whats happening and STOP . Go for a walk, clean something, call someone, or my fav go shopping for clothes.
  • Fr33zefram3
    Fr33zefram3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness though, I did the same thing. Now I just carry a nalgene around everywhere I go and drink water when I'm bored. It's a habit now, and it's healthy!
  • loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    knit, no way you can eat and knit
  • lawilgus
    Options
    Another option is to always make sure you are full. Drink lots of water! I know everyone says this but water actually fills you up! So concentrate on getting in your 8+ glasses. Also, keep low calorie snacks around (pickles, strawberries, carrots, etc) and eat 2-3 snacks of about 100 calories a day. This really helps me on days when I am bored around the house and all I can think about is food. Sometimes, I will just start preparing a new meal to take to work the next day.
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    HARD CANDY! Or gum...

I get the same boredness when I'm at work, super easy to just mindlessly eat! So, I try and either have healthy crunchy foods, or multiple kinds of hard candy (normally sugar free)
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk instead.
  • serenalesley
    serenalesley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk instead.

I totally misread that.
  • snarf432
    snarf432 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    GUM!!! Sugar free has the added benefit of being a mild laxative, so that's always good...youl'll need to up your water a little bit though :)
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Simple solution...

Don't eat when your bored. At least you know why your eating. Now change it.
  • dnt3v
    dnt3v Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It sounds silly but I agree with knitting 100% There's no way to eat when you knit. I started knitting in high school and dropped 20 lbs just from not having time to snack. haha. Also, stay out of the house! It's harder to boredom snack when you're not home.
  • jstack59
    Options
    You took the first step by being aware that you're eating out of boredom. The next thing to pause before you eat, particularly if it's not meal time. Ask yourself why am I eating? If the answer isn't "I'm hungry," then back away. Conscious eating takes practice before it becomes a habit, but you can get there. When boredom strikes, what will really relieve that? TV? Reading? Calling a friend? A hobby? Activity? Any of those will work. Take your pick.