20 somethings, trying to lose.

Options
Thought id crate a thread for the younger people that may be on here. I had major back surgery last year, but now need to get back
To exercising and losing weight. Its embarrassing to be overweight at this time in my life when i should
Be at my best. Share your story and how you are doing it if you want. Tips for eating on the go are welcome. Good luck!

Replies

• ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Im with you, I get embarrassed being so over weight especially since I'm in my mid 20's. I started on my own about a month ago, then I remembered I had signed up with this site, I'm hoping it keeps me honest! haha Good luck on your weight loss!
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm 27, and I totally agree - I'm freaking out thinking "these are supposed to be the years when I am physically in my prime!". My goal is to lose it all before I turn 29 (so I have exactly 15 months...eeekk!!), that way I have at least 1 year when I'm a hot 20 something!
  • justinchobo
    justinchobo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 22 and I feel the same way as you. I want to look good at the prime of my life! College did a number on me weight wise, but I am trying to fight back.
  • ZeeShay
    Options
    i had the opposite effect my after college life was when i gained most of my weight! good luck to you!
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    I feel the same. I'll be 26 in a week and I feel like the longer I wait to lead a health lifestyle the harder it will be to lose weight and get in shape later on in life. And I wanna enjoy being young and lookin' good! I'm not married, I don't have kids...I basically have no excuse to be fat and unhappy I should be living it up.
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    me too!!! I actually lost like 40 lbs in college - it was after college that I gained that and way more! I was so active in college, constantly walking around campus and doing random sports with friends...then I got a desk job. :grumble:
  • ZeeShay
    Options
    me too!!! I actually lost like 40 lbs in college - it was after college that I gained that and way more! I was so active in college, constantly walking around campus and doing random sports with friends...then I got a desk job. :grumble:

yeah! sitting at a desk all day you hardly move, and the commute I had was terrible so by the time i got home i was in no mood for the gym. Now that im out of a job Im becoming better friends with the gym. haha
  • teamgoodnews
    teamgoodnews Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way - I'm supposed to be in my prime right now.

Also my friends who are older talk about their metabolism slowing down and I really worry what things will be like by then if I have the same lifestyle I've had the last few years.
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    I think after college was what did it for me too. Not staying busy all day and worked at a bakery!!! had free goodies whenever I wanted, and I didn't work out hardly ever, and I had started drinking pop ALL the time. I still drink pop on occasion but cutting that down made a huge difference. I also have a different job now but it doesn't really matter where I'm working because I've realized it's all about constant self control. I'm not trying to do any kind of drastic new wave diet I just want to make a sustainable change where I will make better choices about what I eat, make exercise a habit, and continue to grow health-wise as I age instead of letting myself go
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    my friends who are older talk about their metabolism slowing down and I really worry what things will be like by then if I have the same lifestyle I've had the last few years.

word
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Thought id crate a thread for the younger people that may be on here. I had major back surgery last year, but now need to get back
    To exercising and losing weight. Its embarrassing to be overweight at this time in my life when i should
    Be at my best. Share your story and how you are doing it if you want. Tips for eating on the go are welcome. Good luck!

Add me. Even though I will be 30 in December. :smokin:
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Same boat as as ya'll. slowly gained in college, then after college gained close to 25lbs. slowly coming off, but gosh it seems like its not showing.
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    my friends who are older talk about their metabolism slowing down and I really worry what things will be like by then if I have the same lifestyle I've had the last few years.

word

Looks like we are starting about th same weight, with the same goal weight! :)
  • NuttyCake
    NuttyCake Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    :frown: I just turned 29 less than a month ago. I've spent the 'most exciting years' of my life being obese. I keep thinking, "What have I done??"

Well, the only consolation is that people are living much longer now so maybe I can make my 30's as exciting as my 20's were supposed to be! Lol.
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    [/quote]

Looks like we are starting about th same weight, with the same goal weight! :)
    [/quote]

yeah I feel ya the weight seems to come off so slow and it's hard to tell you're losing but I try to keep in mind how long it took me to put it all on!
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    Same boat as as ya'll. slowly gained in college, then after college gained close to 25lbs. slowly coming off, but gosh it seems like its not showing.

haha this was what I meant to quote messed up in the last post
  • craftymommyof3
    craftymommyof3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im 25 I really let myself go after having 2 children(youngest is 5 months). I have not lost any weight from either pregnancies. Add me I am looking for friends to help on this journey.
  • Canderson58054
    Canderson58054 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 29, will be 30 this winter... I wish I would have started a long time ago. Doing something about it now its better then never though. I just made my first blog the other day. It kinda has "my story" on how I finally did get here. If you have time, take a look. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Canderson58054 Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend. I'm always willing to give support to new friends :)
  • hannahthestrange
    hannahthestrange Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't want to spend my 20's the same way I spent my teens...... And I'm doing ok so far. I am so much happier now that I'm getting healthier. I'm only 22, I'm not ready to have health problems from being a chunky monkey. I will always take more encouragement, and I'll give it as well..... I'll take more friends on here:+}
  • fatchiick
    fatchiick Posts: 105
    Options
    I'm 31 and sadly most people think im 19-23 because of my personality, i was a hermit most of my twenties, well over 300 pounds... ive just started going out again in the last few years, sad thing is the age most people think i am is the age i went into a deep depression and stopped going out. My 20's are gone, wouldn't say wasted but the years i should have been out having fun with friends and meeting boys and not to mention going to school and preparing myself to have a career have past and now i'm trying to play catch up if you will. My only advice for those in there twenties is dont let your weight put you in a place where you'll look back and say why didnt i do this or that. Keep the frame of mind you have now and actually do what you want to do. And reach your goals and accomplish what you set out to do.