What do you do with your hair?

Options
I have long hair and I put it in a pony tail but when I work out, but it gets all tangled and nasty from me sweating so much and moving around because I do a lot of burpies and jumping squats, and things like that...
What do you do with your hair when you workout??

Replies

• woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    try a braid :)
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I put mine in a bun.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Pony Tail. Sometimes I put a clear glaze in it when I work out and then wash it out afterwards. Or I just use Moroccan oil after the gym to make my hair "pretty" again.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I wear a bandanna do-rag style.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    I cut mine off! :)
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if my hair is really being obnoxious, I'll put it in a ponytail, and then braid the ponytail. Be careful though that crap can be a potential weapon. People used to do that in soccer all the time and I swear it was deadly lol
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My hair is mid bottom length. I have to put it in a braid, bun, or pony or it risks getting caught in exercise equiptment. My favorite is probably a single braid. A bun makes my head more sweaty.
  • Happy4lifeHHH
    Happy4lifeHHH Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    A braid is such a good idea!!! But Im better at math then doing my own braid.. and I suck at math lol
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Sock bun. I have waist length hair, and this keeps it nice and neat.

dance2-680x450.jpg
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    A bun or a braid works best
  • nls108
    nls108 Posts: 3
    Options
    My hair is just getting to shoulder-length. I've been trying to let it grow for 25 years and could never get past the too-short-to-be-long-but-too-long-to-be-short stage. I'm almost there. I've very sad with every hair that falls out or gets broken, so I'm rather careful about what to do with it. Sometimes I let it fly so the commuters driving past can get a good look at this old lady with gray hair race- walking or slogging or whatever I'm doing. This morning I put it in a French braid. Other times I do two topsy-tails - one at the crown to get my chin-length bangs and another at the nape of my neck.
  • SashThompson
    SashThompson Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have a side fringe that doesnt reach a pony tail. grrr! so i braid my fringe over the top of my head and then put the rest of my hair into a bun at the back. just like a pony but only pulled halfway through. it works and its easy to redo in the middle of a workout if it starts to fall out and get in my eyes.
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    A bun works for me, usually start it like a pony high up on my head then wrap it around itself and loop the band around it again., twice if it's really stretched out.
  • carlarolfe
    Options
    I just pull mine back in a pony. I deal with it later :happy: (as you can see by my prof pic, I have very long, very crazy hair. During workouts it does tend to get in the way but I'm so accustomed to brushing it aside it's just second nature, now)
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    A braid is such a good idea!!! But Im better at math then doing my own braid.. and I suck at math lol

You can pony it, then use several hairbands down the length of the pony. It will contain it a lot better. Not stylish, but it will work.
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    sock bun or if your hair is long enough, the sock bun without a sock (looks like it has a sock in it but doesnt)

or get a big claw clip and twist it up
  • lauryn6061
    lauryn6061 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I either braid my hair or do it in a 'tiered' ponytail.

Hairstyle-how-to-futuristic-ponytail-4.jpg

sometimes i put the end of the tiered ponytail in my top so that it doesn't swish from side to side too much.. which annoys me.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    My hair is uber long-it's down to my butt. I wrap it in a Cinnabun (easy twist wrap -you can find tutorial on YouTube) and use metal hair sticks to hold it (my favorite sticks are pricey but I swear by them because they are thin metal sticks--so comfy). I've tried everything (absolutely) and this is my #1 style and my #1 hair tool it stays put during rigorous exercises from aerobics to running. Everything else falls out or is annoying and ends up disrupting my workout.

ETA I know this wasn't the question but overusing hair bands will damage your hair if you use them in the same place repeatedly. If you use elastic bands at the very least use non metal bands if possible (unless breakage is not a concern for you). Sticks are much better for your hair and can be used on surprisingly short hair.
  • nolachick85
    Options
    I put it in a sock bun and make sure to use plenty of bobby pins and hairspray so that it stays put when I'm active.