New and confused

Options
Hi I'm new and I'm wondering if my metabolism is slow because I started logging my calories and I noticed I'm not eating 1200 unless I force myself I've been eating the same way for about a year and I'm rarely hungry and my weight rarely fluctuates between a few pounds I've been the same weight for a while now . I am 5'4 and now weigh 186 I'm wondering do I need to eat more calories to kick start my metabolism thanx for any answers

Replies

• MMJT24
    MMJT24 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi! I noticed when I eat 1200 or less I lose NOTHING! But now that I've moved it to 1400-1500 calories I am losing weight. It's important that we feed our bodies enough so it can work properly. I would bump up your calories...and remember to eat nutrient dense calories.

Hope this helps :)
  • Gorger
    Gorger Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Exercise really helps. I lost 4 1/4 inches in 3 weeks going to the gym and to curves. I hated exercising until I saw the results.
  • Cowboyzfan82288
    Cowboyzfan82288 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I would definitely up my calories some. Also, make sure you drink plenty of water.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    You may wish to do a reset.
    There is actually a group or two that may help you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717565-in-place-of-a-road-map

Good luck on your journey.
  • Troyeee
    Options
    I would say get more exercise. I don't know if you have a sedentary job or lifestyle, but 30 minutes of exercise a day will help your body to produce hormones of all sorts. You may not need to cut calories at all, just add some exercise. Walking is THE key to my weight loss. Also, the kind of calories you take in is important. High sugar, high carbs, especially late in the evening before bed, get stored as fat. The sugars cause your insulin to spike, and the calories are converted to fat. Stay away from artificial sweeteners with meals, because they are so good, that they trick your body into making more insulin. While not as bad as a sugary soda, they are still tricking your body into storing more fat. If you have a sweet tooth, get your sugary snacks in early in the day, and then get your walk on. That will tell your body to turn those calories into energy. I'm on the second stage of my weight loss. I hit about 450 at my heaviest, and got down to about 350. Then I stayed pretty stable for about 7 years. Now, after recovering from a bad injury a few years ago, I'm working on the rest. I lost three pounds this week, and five last week. Good luck, and I hope this helps.
  • erika101710
    Options
    So I am also doing zumba started on Monday do I need to up my calories even more to account for the exercising? Also I always thought I was eating more than I was but when I actually started counting calories I was amazed at how they low they were I have to force myself to eat breakfast so I'm going to try to up them and see what happens :)