I just vanished for a few weeks & I'm so sorry!

Options
Hello everyone,

I joined my fitness pal in September and I loved it. I loved finding all of YOU and reading about your journey's and finding stuff we had in common. I got in the swing of things quickly and I loved offering encouragement even more than receiving it myself. Then suddenly I disappeared. I'm guessing that kind of thing happens on these sites and long-term members are familiar with how it goes. I noticed that someone who sent me a message to check-in on me also subsequently deleted me! I guess they figured I wasn't coming back and their energy would be better spent on those that could prove their daily commitment. I have not been a good 'pal' to you by just disappearing and for that I'm really sorry to all my friends here. I went from one extreme to another. Tracking and being active - to not logging in at all, not checking my Gmail account and just eating whatever I wanted. Yes I had some stressful things going on.. but that's life and I realise I need to learn how not to neglect myself during those times. I continue to suffer with my health because the wrong foods are like a 'poison pill' since I had my gallbladder removed and my liver has enlarged and is fattier than ever before. I'm always in some sort of pain - so it should be a no-brainer right? Stop taking the 'poison-pill's' and start healing and feeling better right? I'm baffled by how de-sensitized I am to my own health woes and how sickness doesn't motivate me to change what I eat. It's because food is such an enormous comfort to me. Every single day I think about and/or plan to make changes. I often wake up and think "today's the day"...then by the end of the day it's obvious the day was just like every other day. My journey ahead can't be about calories alone because my body is craving daily nourishment and healing. I need to juice everyday, I need to eat something raw everyday and I need to cut out sugar and grains for a period of time as advised by a medical professional. All I can say is that every day I will keep trying. In the time I was away from myfitnesspal... I hadn't given up. I was just hiding and giving myself permission to eat what I wanted without recording the details. Yes, I was also disappointed in myself. I'm re-reading the book Fat Sick And Nearly Dead, I'm also reading a weightloss memoir called "Half-Assed' and I follow various wellness movements on Facebook.. including the 'Crazy, Sex' thing at KrisCarr.com So I'm here to tell you, I'll keep trying every day and again I'm so sorry for my silence. Thank you so much to those that left comments and sent me notes and didn't de-friend me.

Replies

• got2tryagain
    Options
    Congrats for jumping back on the wagon! Good luck in your journey.
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!!!
  • SusieGirlRN
    SusieGirlRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Awesome & Welcome :flowerforyou:

I haven't ever deleted anyone from my friends list because I have no idea what is going on in peoples lives.

I have personally been deleted though, by a couple of people :laugh:

I had not signed on for about a week or so because I had to pay some extra attention to my son, who has special needs & didn't really think I needed to come on to MFP to explain this ~ but lo & behold a couple had deleted me! :noway:

The way I see it ~ no big loss :smokin:

You will build your friend list back up again & with loyal ones at that :heart:
  • ccebohmygod
    Options
    Welcome back. Make yourself a priority. Be a good support for yourself. It happens to us all. I too have neglected myfitnesspal for weeks now. I can't explain it as it really works for me but I am back too. No weight gain, I have continued to loose but felt scattered doing it. Back online with new resolve. You will get there. It takes time. Wishing you the very best - Chin up
  • Canderson58054
    Canderson58054 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! :) You sound alot like me before I joined MFP. If you get the time sometime read my blog @ http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Canderson58054 its too long to tell you all about me here...lol, but until recently when i got "my wake up call " as I refer to it- I didn't change either even though I had health problems. I have been changing that. Slowly incorporating new changes as I can handle them. The past couple months I think I've come along way. If you are looking for more supportive people you can feel free to add me.
  • Kitkat_58
    Kitkat_58 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • ksizzle911
    ksizzle911 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Glad you decided to make the right choice in coming back. The only time I have ever deleted friends is if they are inactive for over 3 months. If it was only a few weeks, as in your case, that sucks that they didn't give you the time you needed to get yourself back on track. If you need additional support, please feel free to add me!! I'm very active on the site and usually don't go more than 1 day without logging (but my goal is to NOT do that anymore!)