Recipe calorie amounts

Options
So I made some turkey chili last night and I found a recipe calculator onthe site that is always suggested but I'm confused about the total serving size you put in. If some could help me out with itthe recipe is as follows.....

1 package Jennie O ground turkey
2 cans bush reduced sodium black bean
1 can reduced sodium kidney beans
2 cans of crushed tomatoes (same size as the beans)
1 red and 1 green bell pepper
1 yellow onion
assorted spices

I ate 2 cups, but what's the total serving size, and could you post the nutrition info you found so I can compare :)

Thanks guys and gals!

Replies

• sollygirl
    Options
    So I made some turkey chili last night and I found a recipe calculator onthe site that is always suggested but I'm confused about the total serving size you put in. If some could help me out with itthe recipe is as follows.....

1 package Jennie O ground turkey
    2 cans bush reduced sodium black bean
    1 can reduced sodium kidney beans
    2 cans of crushed tomatoes (same size as the beans)
    1 red and 1 green bell pepper
    1 yellow onion
    assorted spices

I ate 2 cups, but what's the total serving size, and could you post the nutrition info you found so I can compare :)

Thanks guys and gals!

Omg! I hav been looking all day for a ground turkey chili recipe for tomorrow. Yay. Im ganna use it.

sorry can't answer your question thought.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    this is one to try...hth good luck

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I think I know what you're asking, but maybe not...so let me try..hopefully not wasting your time.

What percentage of the total was your 2 cup serving? Was it half the chili? One quarter of the chili? All of the chili? If you had four cups of chili in the pot, and you ate 2 cups, then the number of servings your recipe made is 2.

Is that what you're asking?
  • bates
    bates Posts: 122
    Options
    I think I know what you're asking, but maybe not...so let me try..hopefully not wasting your time.

What percentage of the total was your 2 cup serving? Was it half the chili? One quarter of the chili? All of the chili? If you had four cups of chili in the pot, and you ate 2 cups, then the number of servings your recipe made is 2.

Is that what you're asking?

Yeah I was having trouble figuring out the total portions from the entire recipe. I was hoping there was more of a way to count the total portions prior to eating it all.... I guess I'll have to just transfer it all and count as I go!
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You can set the number of portions however you like. Let's say you make a pot of soup. Let's say your pot holds six cups of soup. Now, if you're planning to eat that soup with a salad or sandwich for lunch everyday, maybe you only want a half cup to be the serving size. In that case, the total number of servings per container is 12. But if you're planning to eat a cup at a time, the total servings is six. 2 cup serving size? 3 servings per container.

The only way to figure out servings per container/batch/package is to measure how much you have and divide that number by the serving size you would like to have.
  • bates
    bates Posts: 122
    Options
    You can set the number of portions however you like. Let's say you make a pot of soup. Let's say your pot holds six cups of soup. Now, if you're planning to eat that soup with a salad or sandwich for lunch everyday, maybe you only want a half cup to be the serving size. In that case, the total number of servings per container is 12. But if you're planning to eat a cup at a time, the total servings is six. 2 cup serving size? 3 servings per container.

The only way to figure out servings per container/batch/package is to measure how much you have and divide that number by the serving size you would like to have.

Thank you, that was the answer that I was looking for!