Maintaining Weight

Options
So I have about 4 more pounds until I reach my goal. I am really excited, but nervous.
I have been looking around at how to maintain my weight once I am done.

What do you all do to maintain your weight. I know I'll have to eat more, but I"m not sure where to start,

Replies

• megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, and actually JUST went to a couple of websites to try to figure out my TDEE (I believe that stands for Total Daily Energy Expenditure). It's basically the number of calories you need to maintain your weight at its current level given your current activity level. You have to adjust it if you change how much you're exercising or if your weight changes. Oh, and I guess as you get older, too. Do a Google search on TDEE.

My plan is to keep on exercising daily and to eat at my TDEE level (which gives me 800 calories more per day -- scary!) If I start gaining, I'll adjust. Editing to say that I'll continue to log my food and exercise here -- I think that's key for me to maintain.

Good luck to you and congrats!!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    You just change your settings to maintenance, and it tells you how much to eat.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    If you flip immediately to maintenance you run the risk of regaining some weight. Step up your calories slowly depending on what setting you used for a diet (1 pound a week, 2 pounds a week). Take a few weeks to let your body get used to more calories.
  • andre_Benjamin
    andre_Benjamin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Basically maintaining is a different challenge. But what I am trying to do is ease my way back into it. Not easy
  • prettylolita
    prettylolita Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just had a crazy weekend. It is my birthday today, and my friends came a few days ago. So I wasn't st strict with my eating because I'm way too close to goal and did not care about my intake for the last 2 days. I ate different amounts of calories and weighted myself each morning. I may be find with eating 1600-1900 calories a day. This is exciting, because I want to eat more "normally" and I know I'll gain a few pound trying to see what number suits me best, but that isn't freaking me out. I've lost 50+ pounds and gaining 2 or 3 pounds trying to find my maintenance calories isn't the end of the world.