33g sugar packed in 1 scoop of creatine??!!!!

Options
So I started taking creatine for the first time. This is my second week. There are 33g of sugar packed into one scoop. I know that it is good to have some sugars after a good workout, such as a banana or some honey, but is this too much? I have still lost weight and notice muscle gain for sure since I stepped it up in my weightlifting with heavier weights but am unsure if I should continue with the sugar packed creatine. I just ordered a round of Jack3d and am excited to give that a try. Anyone have experience with Jack3d? I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Replies

• FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    A) You don't NEED sugar after a workout

B)If you want to use creatine, get straight creatine monohydrate with nothing extra added.

C)There are plenty of Jack3d lovers and haters. Since you already ordered it, just try it and see how you like it.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    A) You don't NEED sugar after a workout

B)If you want to use creatine, get straight creatine monohydrate with nothing extra added.

C)There are plenty of Jack3d lovers and haters. Since you already ordered it, just try it and see how you like it.

This. Sounds like you made the mistake of buying some overpriced creatine + crap fillers.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to take Creatine with some carbs to help your muscle intake. Some brands try to help you out and give you Creatine in a sugar based compound. You can buy the stuff without fillers and make your own drink if you desire. Personal preference.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to take Creatine with some carbs to help your muscle intake.

There's no reason to attempt to speed up creatine uptake. Once you're saturated, you're saturated.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    There's no reason to attempt to speed up creatine uptake. Once you're saturated, you're saturated.

Most likely true. After you're done loading it probably doesn't give you better results. I'm not even a total believer that you need to load as much as they push it on the labels. Same with the discussions about taking it pre or post workout. Just take your daily dose and don't stress over exact timing. The stuff works.
  • astevens5
    Options
    No I actually got a GNC brand from Costco for ~$20. Not a huge loss. Im going to take it for the rest of this week to load I guess and so that it is not a complete loss. By that time the Jack3d supplement should be here.
  • rsr3vo
    rsr3vo Posts: 5
    Options
    Depends on the type of creatine you use. A basic, pure monohydrate creatine will work just as well as the $60 cell creatine filled with dextrose/sucrose.

Creatine is absorbed better with sugar or an insulin spike, but some people take it over board with sugar. You don't need to load creatine either; just a regular maintenance stage of 3-5 grams a day will be more than enough.

You can read the full write up here : http://getmusclelosefat.com/2012/10/how-does-creatine-work/