30 day shred...whats your opinion?

Options
i was thinking of starting the 30 day shred, i wanna hear from someone who has tried it and see if they like it, and it if it worked for them.

Replies

• Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I just started it this past Monday so 4 days so far. My quads and glutes are sore especially my glutes. So I would say I highly recommend it. It has shown me just how badly out of shape I am. It is a challenge but one that I will defeat. I know I will not be done with it in 30 days, maybe 60. Also you can buy the CD at Walmart for about $10. US.
  • ssalmfp
    ssalmfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like it. I'm just about done with Level 2 now. I've technically done 10 days, but I still take a break during one of the exercises, and I want to be able to do them all, without modification or breaks, before moving on. It will probably take me another two days or so. Since I've started, I've probably lost 7-8lbs and about 2 inches from my waist, but I also run 12 miles a week and walk 15-20 miles, plus I'm only eating about 1,300 calories a day. It's definitely not only 30DS that has lead to my progress.

However, I will say that it has made me a LOT stronger. I used to go to yoga pretty regularly with a friend, but when her work schedule got crazy, we stopped. We went again this week and it was a breeze for me. All those nights swearing at Jillian while in the plank pose has paid off.

Anyway, I don't know why you even have to think about it. The videos are free on youtube. Just try level 1 for a few days and see if you like it.
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    It's hard to start out with, I was very sore the first few days. I'm on day 10 of level 1 now, but I only do 3 days a week with other exercises on other days. The shred can be very hard on knees and mine are very weak so 3 days a week is about what I can handle.
    Having said that, even with only doing 3 days a week I have noticed a big difference, both while doing the shred and in every day life. I walk taller and faster, I feel stronger. my husband said he could feel the muscles in my arms last night!

I had plateaued before I started, and doing the shred while eating more got me losing pounds again. I'll take my measurements this weekend, but my clothes feel a lot looser so I'm pretty sure I've lost inches as well.

I can't say I really like doing it or that I look forward to it, but I do believe it is very effective, and it's only 20 minutes.
    Just give it a try, even if it's only for a few days a week.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    4 pounds and 5 inches lost - although some days I thought she was trying to kill me :)
  • MissHaruko
    MissHaruko Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started 30DS 6 days ago. (level 1) I feel so much stronger than day 1 and I feel no pain anymore on my legs/arms. I totally recommend it! :)
  • cholex9
    Options
    It's a great program! I haven't successfully stuck through all 30 days, but at no fault to the program. I just started up again this weekend. Best of luck to all!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    it's hard, but effective. Anybody can do it. You may have to do the modifications. You may have to modify the modifications for awhile. Either way, I'd recommend it.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I did it 30 day s straight, and I have to say it did sculpt my body. More on my core than any other work out has. Good luck :-)
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Did it over the summer with 2 rest days a week. Results were quick, but Jillian Michaels is a condescending B, so I had zero desire to do any of her other stuff.