My new 30 day shred dvd has just arrived!!! :D

Options
Heyy everyone

My new DVD has just arrived which i am hopefully starting tonight :) Does anyone have any tips??

I am rather nervous as i have heard it is brutal :) lol

xxx

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I just started level 2. First thing is wear good shoes. Second thing is try lighter weights at first and build up. Getting the form right is the most important thing right off the bat. Third thing is get ready to hear "Don't phone it in" a lot from Jillian.

I was not able to do it every day because I got shin splints. I decided to take some rest days to heal up and I got new shoes that weren't so well-used.

There are modified versions of most of the strength exercises and on cardio if you have issues with any of them, you can probably substitute one of the others. I just can't do the butt kicks. They kill my shins and I work on my feet full-time.
  • misstilley12
    misstilley12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just started level 2. First thing is wear good shoes. Second thing is try lighter weights at first and build up. Getting the form right is the most important thing right off the bat. Third thing is get ready to hear "Don't phone it in" a lot from Jillian.

I was not able to do it every day because I got shin splints. I decided to take some rest days to heal up and I got new shoes that weren't so well-used.

There are modified versions of most of the strength exercises and on cardio if you have issues with any of them, you can probably substitute one of the others. I just can't do the butt kicks. They kill my shins and I work on my feet full-time.

Thank you for the tips! :D i will get some sterdy shoes and possibly a workout mat for extra comfort, Jillian does my head in a bit i have watched her on Biggest Loser USA but i have seem peoples before and after pictures on here and they are amazing just from one workout DVD :)

Good luck with Level 3 :D xxx