This is horrible!!

Options
I just started college back in January, and I have NO time for the gym anymore. I was looking SO good until I started college. I am working at home doing daycare for one child, then going to school every evening as well. I've been super busy on the weekends lately, and I have neglected to go to the gym. I've probably gained like 10 extra pounds or something. This past 2 weeks have been VERY bad. I eat everything and anything.... and I can't stop MYSELF! I don't know what to do... and I am starting to HATE how I look. It doesn't help that my boyfriend was visiting from Alberta and all we do is eat crappy food together. He's gone for another 2 months now and I want to start eating healthy and working out again... I just don't know how!!! What the heck am I gonna do!

Replies

• Cranny
    Cranny Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't fall into the pit!!!! :flowerforyou:

I know where you are headed - I was headed there myself. I was feelin' AWESOME, but got out of my routine.

You HAVE to make the decision to do this for YOURSELF!! You CAN do it! I'm trying to lose the 20lbs that I've regained since loosing the original 100....got lazy with both exercise and eating.

Keep a POSITIVE attitude. You know very well that you feel so much better when you exercise! I know I do!

Add me as a friend - I'm sure we could maybe motivate each other through this 'pit-fall'..... WE CAN DO IT!!
  • yogigirl720
    Options
    I agree w u cranny. the say thing happened to me and i gained back 25 or so pounds. just stay positive and remember why are u doing this? u can do this! u can lose the weight and keep it off. just remember its a life style change and NOT a diet. everyone messes up the key is getting back on track.
  • jana1124
    jana1124 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Take the stairs, try to walk... Does the child nap? Maybe you could do a DVD? If you did something even quick.. it would make you feel better.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    DVD's are a great idea. You don't have to leave the house, you could even get the kids to join you (depending on their ages of course).
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    What times does the kid get there? I go in the morning before work....I am up at 5:15, on the treadmill by 5:40, I get an hour work out and I am out the door between 7:20 and 7:30 to get to work by 8. It's not pleasant, somedays I literally have to scream obscenities at myself in my head to get myself to go, but most days it works and I love having my evenings free for relaxing and having fun....er I mean making dinner and doing homework:grumble:
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    When I babysit my nieces I don't even need a DVD. Just turn on the Wiggles (are they still on anymore?) (and, puke, I hated them) and dance along with them. My sister had a DVR and my nieces would beg me to play certain song/dance numbers over and over again. I was a sweaty wreck at the end of babysitting them. (And this was when I was in relatively good shape. haha.)
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    If you don't have time to work out before you start doing daycare, make time for it during daycare. Go for walks with you pulling the wagon or pushing the stroller or sleigh .. When my kiddos (I have a home daycare) are playing in the backyard we play tag, or hockey or basketball and we stay active. With my own children, i walk super fast behind them on their bikes or we all bike. If all my daycare children sleep, I have done the 30Day shred during nap (20 minutes). I'm keeping motivated by finding new recipes, mixing up my exercise routine (did 30 day shred now moving on the slim down program) and drinking my water!!! You will get there, you just have to really want it. Make a 2 month goal for yourself. Personal bribes to me, like lingerie or shopping when i meet a certain goal is helpful.
  • MeganFex
    MeganFex Posts: 46
    Options
    Thanks everyone. You are all wonderful!! I think lately I have just had NO will power... today I decided I would eat healthy, so far so good.. until I ate that ONE cookie... jeesh! One day at a time though I guess.

I would love to go to the gym in the morning, but then I would literally get no sleep. I have my daycare kid from 7:30 am until 5:30/6:00 pm. Then I try to eat dinner if I have time, and rush off to school. I'm home at 10:30, in bed by around 11:30 when I'm done cleaning and what not... if I went to the gym in the morning at like 5:30 - 6:30 I'd get home at 7 ish and have just enough time to get ready, but then get to bed at 11:30 or 12 and only get about 5 hours of sleep, especially taking in account the time it takes me to fall asleep! These all sound like excuses, but really this my life. I should be thin lol I'm busy as a bee but... just agh!

Thanks everyone for your support!! I wish I was as strong as some of you... seriously where's my will power?! I think I've lost it and I just need to find it again....