Not sure what I've done wrong

Options
2»

Replies

• yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know ready meals etc are terrible. I make home cooked meals dependent on my days at work - if I'm in til 8pm there's no way I'm cooking when I get home. If I'm home at 5.30 - 6 then that's fine. My low cal recipes are pretty limited btw if anyone has any good'uns :-)

I THINK I'm recording my food intake directly, not sure what I'd be doing wrong there. I try to over estimate rather than under estimate.

Do you own an oven? To me, that's the best thing ever!

Here's one: get a dish that can be covered and can go into the oven, cut white fish (depending on the type of fish, the cals are between 80 to 120 per 100 g, and there's practically no fat) into rough pieces, cut roma tomatoes into rough chunks, add salt, pepper and herbs (rosemary/thyme is my favourite), stir so the seasonings are all over the ingredients, put the lid on (to keep it from drying out) and pop into a pre-heated oven at 180 to 200 C, leave for 20 min. To round it off, boil some green beans or broccoli while the dish is in the oven and voila: the whole meal (huge plateful) is usually under 350 kcal. And it takes less than 30 min to cook, at least half of which can be done on the couch :P
  • I agree re. the fluctuation thing and certainly the Monday mornings, hence doing it on Thursday! :-)

I am logging the alcohol calories but I tend to drink pints. I keep meaning to change to a low calorie drink but I LOVE ale!!
  • That sounds yum. Will try that, thanks! How many cals?
  • Oh wait, you already told me!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Ok what do I then do with my TDEE?

I'm just going to point out, I don't eat 500 cals every day, just if I feel I need to even something out. Generally it's closer to 1000 mark. It works from the old ww system when you rolled points over (although there was a minimum amount of points to eat).

TDEE - 20% is a healthy deficit that you would loose weight on slowly and sustainably. you could do a bit more if you wanted and see how it goes.

you need to look at your sugar / fat / protein intake also. thats the balancing part.
  • TheKatatron
    TheKatatron Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Here's an explanation on how consuming too few calories can actually prevent weight loss.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/536160-can-eating-too-few-calories-prevent-weight-loss/

A) Sodium
    B) Not recording calories consumed correctly
    C) Not recording calories burned correctly
    D) Not eating enough

I also agree that it's probably all of the above!
  • Yeah it's not b.
  • jasperuk
    Options
    I have been at this weight loss for about 2 weeks now with no real head way until the last few days i guess the body is just getting used to the change but now i am 4lbs lighter and hoping to keep going.
  • Thanks, that's interesting. More even calorie intake, more water, more exercise. Done & done.