Heathly option for a restaurant burger and fries craving?!

Options
I was CRAVING a burger yesterday and went to Chili's not realizing that it had 1200 calories for the burger alone! :sad: That totally blew my diet for yesterday. I wanted to see if anyone had a healthier fix for such a craving!? :happy:

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Make your own at home.

You can do it SOOO much healthier.
    I can have 2 cheeseburgers and still be under those crazy calories.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Make your own at home.

Agreed. Other than that, opt for a child's size burger and fries as most restaurants make enormous burgers and serve way too many fries.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    extra lean ground burger-lil salt and peppa-lil olive oil-fry on low at first with lid-half done....add some mushrooms and onions it you like them- continue to fry but turn up a lil to get dark glaze on burger and seal in flavor til done.....dont over cook or it will be dry
    french fries.....slice potato into strips - put into ziploc bag with a lil salt- let set for 15 min -so start this process first:) dump out water...coat thinly with olive oil....dump on baking pan and sprinkle some salt -peppa-onion and garlic powder- bake til brown....
    ketchup is great mixed with Sriracha hot sauce-gives you more of a bite and lets you know you getting somethin good :) enjoy!!

ooooo another note- I use low sodium cheater salt :)
  • Fitness_withsarah
    Options
    Hi Megan,

Definitely make your own as everyone has said! But maybe try veggie burgers? There are actually some tasty ones out there. Do you like sweet potatoes? You could always try sweet potato fries!

--Sarah
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Make your own at home.

Yep, this is what I do also. Most of the time.

But sometimes, I'll just be really good all week, workout a little extra, and go have the diet busting burger and fries (or rack of ribs, or <whatever>) at a restaurant and enjoy it guilt free. Then, right back on track.

Doing that every 2 or 3 months hasn't hurt my weight one bit. Actually, I sometimes think planning for and looking forward to that big restaurant meal helps keep my on track. I love to eat out and don't always want to have the tiny steak or chicken breast with a steamed veg.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    drop the bun, that's 150-330 calories of white flour alone.