Hi! Just Starting!

Options
Im Christy,

Today is my second day using MFP. I just wanted to say hello. I have a long way to go for my weight loss goals. This seems like an awesome website and I look forward to using it. Any recommendations to make the most of using this website?

Pleasure to meet you,
Christy :smile:

Replies

• lisahhjayne14
    lisahhjayne14 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Christy :)

I'm new too! xx
  • OhItsJen
    Options
    Hi Christy! I've been here for quite awhile now but I lost myself and now I'm back. Hahaha!
    Welcomeee!
  • pennstategirl47
    pennstategirl47 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Christy,

Welcome...I started this in June of this year.You will really like mfp
    Good. Luck.....
    Teresa
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Add lots of friends that will help keep you accountable, you bite it, you write it (log it), read lots of posts...some are helpful some are not (take them with a grain of salt and some common sense...if it doesn't make sense google it and do your own research), join a challenge to help jump start your weight loss and this is also great motivation (November 1st is coming up so challenges will be starting up for November)
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is do what works best for you, there is lots of good information in here but what works for some doesn't work for others so you have to test it out to see what works best for you. This will work best if you consider it a lifestyle change instead of a diet. Eat the foods you love in moderation and drink lots of water. It's okay to have a cheat day from time to time just make sure you get right back on track the following day though. This is an amazing site and will be helpful if you stick with it. Some on here may be sarcastic but the majority of people on here are very helpful so don't hesitate to ask questions when you have them. Enjoy your journey!
  • Christy175
    Christy175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys!

Thanks for all of the advice! Im looking forward to giving this a shot!
  • jenheiland
    Options
    Hi Christy - I just started too, the same day you did. I think it helps writing everything down that you put into your mouth everyday. It really makes you look at yourself and be accountable. My sister in law just lost 30 pounds doing it just by writing it all down everyday. I need to lose about 15 pounds, so I'm going to give this a try. Glad to hear someone out there is with me on this adventure. Good Luck to All...Jen
  • ItsTimeDave
    ItsTimeDave Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome Christy

You get out what you put in, and for me the more i encourage people, read their success stories the more i believe in my own weight loss journey.

This site is great!

:)
  • Leahbcc
    Leahbcc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Christy~

First of all thank you for protecting and seving us along with keeping us out of harms way. I am new to this also. Take each day as it comes, don't get down if you slip, and well know that you are making a change in your life. All the best :flowerforyou:
  • helena1210
    Options
    Welcome! MFP has been a great tool for me. Best recommendation I can make -- based on my experience -- is track, track, track. It has kept me honest, and really put me in touch with the kinds (and quantities) of food that fit my weight loss goals. Good luck!