Calling All Brides!

Options
2»

Replies

• CindyTatiana16
    CindyTatiana16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! There are 100 days until I say I do!! I'm doing p90x (mixed with a bit of Brazil Butt Lift and Insanity) to tone up a bit more for the big day. Ideally I'd like to loose 9 more pounds before the big day but my major goal is to tone up my arms and back. I'll friend you guys... feel free to friend me!
  • lionskitty
    lionskitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in January 2014. I started on MFP before we got engaged but the future wedding and my moving to Miami to be with him and our future lives together and future kids...all big motivators. :)
  • stephcthomas
    stephcthomas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey I am getting Married March 9, 2013.

There is a group for this setup, It would be nice to get some more active members keeping it going.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6527-2013-brides
  • andonsmama
    Options
    count me in too!!! i am a 4/5/13 bride, and have a goal of 30 more lbs. I just started getting serious on MFP, and i am looking for that extra support and encouragement!!!! so anyone can add me too! :)))
  • nitaml
    nitaml Posts: 2
    Options
    I completely understand. I am going through the same thing. My wedding is October 2013. I am hoping to lose about 37 lbs, hopefully by May. Congrats on the wedding, I will help as much as I can. Maybe we could be eachother's motivation. :smile:
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    Mine's Feb 2013. All I want is toned arms. That's it. I figure by the time I get toned arms the rest of my body should be in shape too.
  • wallacam194
    Options
    My wedding date is July 12, 2014.. i kicked my weight loss into gear after he proposed in February. I joined this site in 2011 but wasnt serious about it. but as soon as i got a ring on my finger it was a whole new story! I started at 230 and am currently at 196. Im 5'6/5" and shooting for 155 right now, then go from there. Congrats to everyone! we can do this! :)
  • muggs1090
    muggs1090 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My partner and I are getting married in Key West May 28th 2013. Hoping to shed a "few" lbs, Having a tough decision, look for a dress now? Or hope to drop some weight, and wait till spring to shop?
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    My partner and I are getting married in Key West May 28th 2013. Hoping to shed a "few" lbs, Having a tough decision, look for a dress now? Or hope to drop some weight, and wait till spring to shop?

Shop for it now even if it's just to get an idea of what you like, the dress I ended up liking the most dress to face was the total opposite to the ones I liked in the magazines :D You could always then reassess and actually buy when you get closer to goal weight and even then dresses can be taken in if you lose more. Another thing was after i tried on my dream dress my motivation to lose weight doubled 0_0
  • jdubz18
    jdubz18 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married July 5 2014 and am thinking about going to get fitted for dresses around Christmas this year...just for a starting point. I would like to be down another 20lbs before our big day, but since I have some time, I think it's totally doable!!! Feel free to add me so we can share planning advice, motivation tips and just overall wedding stuff!!!! Congratulations to all you future brides to be!! :)
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    Congratulations!!!

Do a picture timetable. Make a box or an X on the floor with masking tape. This will be where you stand each week to get a forward facing pic, sideways and back....for eveyone participating. Weighing at least 1/week keeps you more accountable, as does measuring. The way your clothes fit is acutally a better measure of your success than the scales are. Start hunting for and trying on those dressed too (trying on clothes has always been my biggest motivator). It's great that your bridemaids are doing this with you!

Am getting married in 2013 too!!!!!! Scary and exciting.
  • Alisha_Joy
    Alisha_Joy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Like the original poster, I am set to get married August 24, 2013 and looking great on my wedding day is one of the prime reasons I am trying to get in better shape and start living a healthier lifestyle. I need motivation in every sense of the word. I have 3 kids at home and I constantly allow myself to make excuses and not exercise and stick with those quick fix, processed just bad bad foods. Well, no more! I need to change! I need to get better and I want my family to be better.