1200 cal diet...anyone else not hungry?

Options
Am I the only one feeling stuffed??? I've been strictly adhering to my 1200 cal/day diet, and I don't feel hungry like I thought I would. I have been trying out Ellie Krieger's recipes to see how those changes to the way I cook make a difference on my diet and overall sense of wellbeing, and while most of the foods I have tired are pretty good (I love the Peach Pie Smoothie!!!), I do miss regular fat dairy products and dressings.

My doctor recommends I do a 1600 cal diet but if I'm already filling full on 1200 cal, I imagine I'd want my hubby to roll me from room to room.

Regan

Replies

• jana1124
    jana1124 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean with a 1200 cal! But once a week, I do have what I want.. if its good calories or not.. but I just eat my calories and I feel fine.. if I eat more.. I feel horrible! Not hungry.. I think its cause all the water Im drinking.

This peach pie smoothie sounds good! I'll have to look into it.. thats the thing I miss.. is PEACH COBBLER!
  • hjmygatt
    hjmygatt Posts: 79
    Options
    A great way to get extra calories in in to drink a gladd of milk or juice with or between meals!
  • PCOSucks
    PCOSucks Posts: 15
    Options
    I am also on a 1200 cal a day diet. I was NOT happy about this when I first began with MFP, but like you, I am STUFFED at the end of the day,and if I eat over my limit, I feel terrible. Once a week, I also allow myself to have whatever I want (for one meal) and I'll exercise a little extra that day to make up for it. Not only am I usually stuffed at the end of the day, but I find it difficult to meet the 1200 calorie requirement!
  • balance9
    balance9 Posts: 160
    Options
    I LOVE Ellie Krieger! I have her cookbook "The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life". Favorites...Pumpkin Flan, Balsalmic chicken with baby spinach/cous cous.. Pasta Puttanesca...good stuff.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    x
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    omg... I was just going nuts about this last night!!!!

I have a great small snack that's 355 cals - you all interested?
  • keewee
    keewee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I seems there are plenty of choices on a 1200 cal diet. I love being able to indulge my sweet tooth and still only use my 1200 cal allowance.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I seems there are plenty of choices on a 1200 cal diet. I love being able to indulge my sweet tooth and still only use my 1200 cal allowance.

I think my head is going to blow off. LOL!!!
    So many mixed messages indeed. No wonder people ask the same questions over and over again - there's alot of ambiguity regarding these matters. Perhaps "health" is a course that needs to be re-introduced to our schools, only with applicable and relevent information at hand! I don't think a picture of a triangle with identifiable foods in various parts of them really instills nor imparts much of anything. Perhaps we'd all have a better understanding of our own nutritional needs if such information were a part of our formal education?
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    I LOVE Ellie Krieger! I have her cookbook "The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life". Favorites...Pumpkin Flan, Balsalmic chicken with baby spinach/cous cous.. Pasta Puttanesca...good stuff.

Agreed! I've tried so many recipes from "The Food You Crave....". Love them all, especially the breakfasts and nibble and noshes. :)
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    It changes for me, when I first started 1200 a day was lots. But some days I crave things and am sooo hungry. It seems to go in cycles for me anyways :)
  • vol_gal74
    Options
    The Peach Pie Smoothie is the next best thing...You miss the crust but still have the wonderful home-made flavor!