19 and in need of friends who share my goal!

Options
HI. I'm Ashleigh. I'm 19 and from WNY. I'm in need of friends who understand why I'm doing this and we can help motivate each other! All of my friends are just like, "oh, you don't need to lose weight!" and that's not the only reason I'm doing this. I wanna be healthier, too! :D

Replies

• cymendoza
    Options
    I'm 18 and just started this program:) The last time I went to the doctor, I was told my blood pressure was a little higher than it should be. Not dangerous or anything but just higher than normal. I really want to get myself in shape- especially since I'm so young.
  • pstwins
    pstwins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I am going to be 19 in a few weeks and have been looking for people my age on here to track with me to!
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hey, I totally understand. My family does the same thing to me. "Oh girl you just thick you don't need to lose any weight" I say thats a load of crap LOL. It's not all about the weight it's deeper than that. So I understand not having people to incorporate in your journey. Thats why MFP is the perfect place to have that accountability and support :) Add me if you'd like and good luck to you!
  • AshleighTaylorXOXO
    Options
    Exactly. I just hate having no one to talk to about anything! like when I accidentally cheat on my diet or something... no one gets why it sucks so bad. Or when I can't work out. My boyfriend kinda understands, but not 100%.
  • ShallaLovee1
    Options
    Oh yeah, I would just say do the best you can. If you want something sweet you can eat that in moderation or find a better subsitute. If you over indulge in it balance it out with exercise. I did that yesterday. I over indulged in some chips. It was my first time having hot cheetos in months and at first I was moderating it and I found myself going back for more until the bag was gone LOL! The good thing is I exercised so I didn't feel as bad ahahaha. It's okay to eat things you like thats not technically good for you. I think as long as it's not on a daily basis there's no reason why it should interfere with the changes your making.
  • rachey121
    rachey121 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im 19 :) and my friends are the same way telling me I dont need to lose weight and criticize me for eating healthy...its wierd lol. ANyway.. anyone! feel free to add me :))
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    I'm going to be twenty in December... so I'm nineteen!
  • lauraghm
    Options
    hey im 25 and sdiabetic this app helps me to keep my blood sugar under control and improves my overall health
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 19 too and been here for a few months now :)

Feel free to add.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm 19 and I started around 17-18ish.
  • AshleighTaylorXOXO
    Options
    Yayyy for new friends! You are all more then welcome to add me! I'm here to talk anytime. :D
  • barbi14
    Options
    I'm so proud of you young women. I am a nurse in Australia and frequently look after people having gastric banding and other huge surgeries for weight loss. Recently we had two 15 year olds!!!. I am now nearly 51 and only 5 feet tall. I've had to watch my weight all my life as it's easy to put it on when you're little but the boost it gives my self esteem to see how I measure up to other women my age (and you will be one day) is terrific. The added bonus is that because I have always included my children in my healthy lifestyle, they are now in their 20's and both trim - with healthy diets and exercise as their own lifestyle. I know they will pass it down to their kids too. I love this app because I eat whatever I want - I just keep the portions in control and don't snack. Good luck you gorgeous girls.
  • AshleighTaylorXOXO
    Options
    I'm little too! Which makes it soooo bad when I gain like 2 pounds, it's obvious. But I've lost 3 pounds and it's already obvious since I'm only 5'1". But I decided to get my health in control young so that when I do get older I can be the exact same way. And when I have my own kids, I will make sure they eat healthier then I did as a kid and they aren't gonna be how kids today are.. I'm gonna make sure they are active. :)
  • ShallaLovee1
    Options
    I'm little too! Which makes it soooo bad when I gain like 2 pounds, it's obvious. But I've lost 3 pounds and it's already obvious since I'm only 5'1". But I decided to get my health in control young so that when I do get older I can be the exact same way. And when I have my own kids, I will make sure they eat healthier then I did as a kid and they aren't gonna be how kids today are.. I'm gonna make sure they are active. :)

Well said!
  • LindsayWantsToBeHealthy
    Options
    I'm eighteen and I'd really like to lose weight and be healthier! It'd be fun to get tips from people around my age. (: Any of you can add me! (:
  • AshleighTaylorXOXO
    Options
    I'm eighteen and I'd really like to lose weight and be healthier! It'd be fun to get tips from people around my age. (: Any of you can add me! (:
    That's exactly how I feel! I wanna talk to people that are my age that are trying to be healthy too! It makes it easier to have someone to talk to, as well!
  • kellyirisheyes
    kellyirisheyes Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    welcome! feel free to add me, I'm 19 as well :)
  • kentuckyrose
    Options
    yall can add me! I just started & I'm 19. I always always stress eat & people who aren't losing weight don't understand so I'm looking to have people to talk to!!
  • Shay_in_shape
    Shay_in_shape Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    hello i'm 18 trying to lose weight! i'd love to have friends to discuss this type of thing with! feel free to add me!