Turkey Lettuce Wraps

Lobster_Lover
Lobster_Lover Posts: 45 Member
This is one of my favorite quick, low calorie snacks. All you need is lettuce, sliced turkey (I personally recommend getting natural turkey from the deli counter), and a little mustard (any kind, whatever floats your boat).

Just lay the lettuce out, rub on a little mustard(honey or dijon is wicked good), place a slice of turkey on top, and roll it up!

It's wicked simple, easy to make, and delicious. I love putting them in a reusable container to take on the boat with me. It's a filling yummy snack!

Let me know what you think!

Replies

• Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    This is one of my favorite quick, low calorie snacks. All you need is lettuce, sliced turkey (I personally recommend getting natural turkey from the deli counter), and a little mustard (any kind, whatever floats your boat).

Just lay the lettuce out, rub on a little mustard(honey or dijon is wicked good), place a slice of turkey on top, and roll it up!

It's wicked simple, easy to make, and delicious. I love putting them in a reusable container to take on the boat with me. It's a filling yummy snack!

Let me know what you think!

I have done this in the past and yes they are really nice to have and very tasty. The yellow mustard is an all you can eat item since there is no calories and not fat. Great snack!
  • Sounds yummy. I'm going to try these, but oh how I love my bread.....(sigh)
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    That does sound yummy.

I also like wraping apple wedges with the turkey, that is good too. Acutally saw it on a kids show on PBS.
  • Lobster_Lover
    I know what you mean nomoon20, I'm a huge bread fan too. But I like this as a mid morning snack, before I break out the wheat bread. Old habits die hard and I'm used to always snacking between strings (a string is a group of traps in the same area, usually a line). This is the perfect low calorie snack for that. I usually take 3 on the boat with me for those short snack breaks.

Sandobr1, I LOVE apples. I actually just got done having oatmeal and I sliced up a honey crisp to put in it. Great Idea, I will definitely have to try this!
  • Good idea!
  • I used to work at a cafe where we made lunch items like this! It's a really great idea. If you're having it for lunch, you should add a protein, extra veggies and maybe even a slice of cheese. We used to make a great one that had 4 oz balsamic grilled chicken (split between three lettuce wraps), a small amount of feta cheese, hot peppers, baby spinach, and a little low fat greek dressing. I think the total calories came to 400-500? at the max and it makes three large lettuce wraps that fill you up.
  • april_khalia
    april_khalia Posts: 37 Member
    Good idea. Sounds delicious.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    I do this all the time! Low carb too!!! :)
  • Lobster_Lover
    I used to work at a cafe where we made lunch items like this! It's a really great idea. If you're having it for lunch, you should add a protein, extra veggies and maybe even a slice of cheese. We used to make a great one that had 4 oz balsamic grilled chicken (split between three lettuce wraps), a small amount of feta cheese, hot peppers, baby spinach, and a little low fat greek dressing. I think the total calories came to 400-500? at the max and it makes three large lettuce wraps that fill you up.

I have to try this, hot hot were the peppers? My mild Maine blood can't take too much heat, but I don't mind something with a little kick behind it.
  • jquarequio
    jquarequio Posts: 40 Member
    love this for lunch.. i put cucumbers on it with a dill pickle on the side.. yum
  • Lobster_Lover
    love this for lunch.. i put cucumbers on it with a dill pickle on the side.. yum

Cucumbers would be a yummy add to this. I love dill pickles, but separately from prepared foods. If I am making a sandwich or something I like to use a sweeter pickle. But I definitely will have to try the cucumber thing!