20 somethings, trying to lose.

Options

Replies

• tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    me too!!! I actually lost like 40 lbs in college - it was after college that I gained that and way more! I was so active in college, constantly walking around campus and doing random sports with friends...then I got a desk job. :grumble:

I totally feel you. I lost weight, pretty unhealthily, in college off a diet of microwave dinners and beer, lol. And a good relationship with the gym. However, wasn't able to keep it off, as I am back at it with more to lose. I am trying to do it the right way this time, and to repair my relationship with the gym! <3

I'm 24, avid logger, and super supportive. Anyone can feel free to add!
  • rosie5656
    rosie5656 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    26 here! I had lost weight in undergrad, but gained a bit while in grad school. Now trying to lose 25-30 pounds, but taking it one day at a time. I feel like I have been off and on since I graduated in 2009, and working in the food industry (I run taste tests) and travelling a lot doesn't help! RIght now I am trying to start with 2 weeks of making healthier eating choices, and then I am going to add in more exercise once I am doing well on the eating. I have a habit of using the exercise as an excuse to eat badly, which is why I'm trying to break those bad habits before going full on with the exercising!
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm 29, holding on to that 20-something title for a couple more months, and trying to be in better shape at 30 than I was at 20.
    I used to play sports throughout high school and college, but when i got a desk job and got married, I kind of forgot that I wasn't being an athlete any more but still ate like one.

I'm here every.single.day, so feel free to add me! :happy:
  • llama_sammich
    Options
    I noticed a lot of you said something about bieng in the prime of your life and wanting to look good for it. That's exactly how I feel, too. I'm also single and want to settle down, and the guys I'm attracted to want a woman who takes care of herself, and isn't a lazy slob. I've been putting this off and putting it off...time to get my *kitten* in gear. I'm sick of looking at other girls who work their *kitten* off and look damn good and feeling complete envy...it sucks!!

I think having a workout buddy, even if only online for motivation and encouragement, could be really helpful. I've had an account here for months and haven't lost a damn pound, so I want to actually be here more often now. :)

If you're sick of feeling bad about yourself and not doing anything about it, send me a message and let's get all skinny and sexy together.
  • smg6585
    smg6585 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 27 and recovering from multiple foot injuries, I will add you :-)
  • 78togoal
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Im 25 and also feel like being this heavy is preventing me from living out my life like i should like going out and not hating how I look or watching all my friends get looked at and flirted with while I just stand besides them. When I first started college I was looking good and thought it was going to be great by the time I was 25, well 5 yrs of school and my neglect did its number on me and now I want to claim my life back and start having fun! I have tried numerous times over the past year and a half to lose this weight but the time is now and I really would love some motivation and support and got plenty to give in return! Also I am a registered nurse so if anyone has any health questions I can try to help ya out too. Add me if ya like, I really look forward to making some friends and getting to know yall :)
  • HeidiDarlene
    Options
    I just turned 28 and am about 50 pounds overweight. It is stopping me from living my life the way I want to and I'm trying to take charge and make the changes I need to be the person I want to be.
  • Vbussatti2012
    Vbussatti2012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    im 23 in college newley married and everytime i look at myself in the mirror im disappointed. i was in very good shape in highschool which was only 5 years ago and sometimes i dont even recognize myself. ive always struggled with weight but was able to control it in highschool. since being married fullt time employee and a college student my meals tend to be very quick and unhealthy. since graduating highshool i have gained 55lbs which is my weight loss goal. good luck with your weightloss and i hope we can all help eachother! a good support group never hurt anyone! :happy:
  • makamizzle
    Options
    my friends who are older talk about their metabolism slowing down and I really worry what things will be like by then if I have the same lifestyle I've had the last few years.

word

i don't exactly have older friends that i hear about it from, but i know that if my metabolism is slow now, then it's definitely NOT getting any better in the future :( I'm 25, gained about 30lbs in college, and spent the last two years teaching myself how to finally lose the weight the healthy way and keep it off. I may be the healthiest I've ever been in my life right now, and I actually weigh less than I did in high school. ^_^ So if anyone needs a friend/support, feel free to add me
  • nixerific
    nixerific Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 anyone feel free to add. :)
  • QueenBeeBritt
    Options
    I'm 26 and have been morbidly obese my whole life. I have that term because it has the word "morbid" in it, but it gets the point across without sparing feelings. I've been having health issues these last few years and I am finally buckling down and losing weight. I'm no longer relying on excuses not to eat less and exercise more. I still have my screw up days (and weeks), but the moral of the story is that I'm trying harder to better myself than I ever have in the past. And it's not as nearly as hard and scary as I thought it was going to be. Frustrating, yes, but I'm not going to allow me to defeat myself. If anyone wants to add me, go ahead. :bigsmile:
  • roncygal
    roncygal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 and the thought (dread) of my impending 30th is what's motivating me to finally get in shape (something I've put off "til Monday" since high school). Like others have said, I'm bummed that I spent my 20s (my party years!) overweight. Good on those of you who've had the good sense to start getting into shape in your early 20s!
  • gluestic14
    gluestic14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If it helps any of you at all, I am turning 31 today and last year decided that I was going to lose weight because of a rude comment that was said to me by a stranger. I guess whatever the reason right? Anyway, I'm 6' tall and I've always went back and forth between 160 - 185 for most of my teenage and adult life. Well....now that I've made it through the first year of the 30s I can say that I now weigh 145 which is the lowest I've ever weighed in my adult LIFE. I'm happy to say that when I went to get my drivers license renewed today that I was able to drop the weight listed and it actually be accurate lol.

Anyway, the point of all that is to say that it's never too late to make a change for the better!!! Whether in your 20s, 30s, etc. Any decade can be the prime of your life so never get discouraged. Good luck everyone!!!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    22 and trying to lose. I hate being overweight, kinda screws with my whole life! I just want to be healthier and hopefully happier.
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    I feel ya!. I'm 23 I've been overweight for way too long.
    I hated the feeling of going up a flight of stairs and being winded. I hate going to the store with my fit friends and watching as they got to buy all the clothes they liked and me being stuck buying what I could fit.
    Now I'm on the track to a healthier & happier new me. It was about time to finally make the change :)
  • StephEO
    StephEO Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh it's so good to see that others found trouble with weight in college ! I'm 20, currently a junior in college and it's weird because the food is nothing like home, but yet I gain so much weight here ! Anyone can feel free to add me , having people in my age range is always preferred. Everyone is so right about these years being our prime years so I'm soo ready to lose this weight !
  • Wetterdew
    Wetterdew Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 21 in about a month. I've never been unfit, but I have always had slight body image issues. I just want to gain confidence so I can enjoy the prime of youth to its fullest.
  • DeckerDoll
    Options

I'm not looking to lose a lot just enough to make me feel better about myself and whatnot. Feel free to add...I'm not always the most consistent with logging in my diary but I am on here a bit.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    27 here!

I met my husband 7 years ago, fell in love, became quite content, and slowly gained 25 lbs over the subsequent 5 years. Doesn't sound too bad right? I started to get serious about changing my body and my lifestyle last fall when I got sick and tired of hating my reflection and pining over old photos of myself (you know, highschool me that I had thought was "a little chunky" - pssh.). Well, shortly thereafter, to my delight and surprise, we found out we were expecting a cute little one in our lives. I tried to work out while pregnant but felt awkward and huge. I gave that up pretty quickly, though I thought I had healthy eating habits (mostly). Turns out I probably indulged in my cravings (hot dogs - gross, right?) a few to many times. Fast forward to post-delivery and I retained about 25 extra lbs after baby. That leaves me about 50 lbs above my goal weight!

I tried to take off the weight myself for the first 5 months, jumping in to exercise and "eating better" right away, but I was spinning my wheels and only lose 2 lbs over those 5 months!! Then I remembered that somewhere along the line I'd created an mfp account, and I started tracking about a month ago. Best decision I ever made :).

I'm trying not to get too caught up in regret over how I should have spent the bulk of my twenties. After all, I spent most of my twenties with my awesome husband. I am, however, SUPER excited to be 30 and a hotty. It'll happen :). A little hard work and a right perspective and the weight will come off, however slowly.

I'm on here every day and have an open diary. Feel free to add me :).
  • Ks1122345
    Ks1122345 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im 21 and in college.

I really want to try and start working out to hopefully be able to start running 5k or 10k or maybe even more.

Have never really been happy with my weight and can never stick to a plan because i always feel like im doing it alone.

feel free to add me!