Day Two of the rest of my life

Options
Day one was fantastic! Excellent workout and my diet was spot on....with a *minor* hiccup. Meal #5 yesterday was supposed to be a six-inch turkey/ham on wheat from Subway. My stomach and wallet agreed that the $5 foot long was a better choice. No major harm done. My sodium was blown out of the water (wow....had no idea) but everything else was in line.

I had a great first day and am off to a very good start this morning.

I CAN DO THIS!

Replies

• SASSYJAX
    SASSYJAX Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    YES YOU CAN!

But a 12" ....thats 3 meals in my book.
    You should be aiming for smaller portion sizes not bigger...you may not pay the price from your wallet but you will with your health!

Come on, get with the program fella!!!

Dont mean to be harsh!

Is this post a joke? I just realised you said meal 5...!!!
  • hereisgone15
    Options
    Nope, not a joke. That was "Meal" #5.

Meal #6 was a protein bar. Six small ones, with P, C, F evenly (almost) distributed through them, every 2 1/2 hours or so. It is supposed to keep the metabolism firing and keeps me from being hungry :)

The six-inch would have been fine, but the foot long was definitely overkill. The extra carbs and sodium hurt. The extra protein was nice. The extra sugar was a real kick in the teeth.

I see your point, though. Thanks :)
  • SASSYJAX
    SASSYJAX Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    try more for proper food not protein bars...

Just chop up some veg n chuck in the oven with a spritz of oil and have with a breast of chicken n sauce. like say onion, pepper, butternut squash, courgette. wrap the chicken in foil and chuck in with it , then it wont dry out.
    salad n omelette
    boiled egg
    pitta bread stuffed with whatever you fancy.
    Tinned tuna is good too.
    porridge with fruit.
    bananas
    baked potato with beans

It doesnt have to be hard.
    you can do it!!!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    First, I don't think a foot long is really that bad, except like you said for the salt content. I know there are days when I eat a 12" sub especially if I have had an extra long workout.

Also, I completely agree with have lots of small meals. I eat about 5-6 meals a day inluding 2 breakfasts.

Congrats on making such a postive change in your lifestyle!