Striiv?

Options
I'm trying the Striiv app for a few days, however, I'm a little dubious over the calorific burn claims. So far today I've took 6002 paces over a 70 minuTe period covered 2.8 miles and burned 891 calories? The calories burned seems a little excessive to me compared to the effort exerted, anyone have an opinion on this?

Replies

• jodiekane01
    jodiekane01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My calories burned also seems a little over but not as much as yours...! I went on the treadmill with the striiv app and I kind of burned the same amount of calories compared to the calorie counter on the treadmill. A few more on the striiv but not majorly more...? Are all your details correct on it?
  • SteveT59
    SteveT59 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My details are correct, I double checked them this afternoon.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I just did a run and compared i my calories to my pedometer and Runkeeper.

STRIIV app: 447
    Runkeeper: 320
    Tanita pedometer: 300
  • karen4ever
    karen4ever Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I went for a almost 3hr walk and did 16,510 steps according to this app and that says i burned 1,118 cals.

not sure how correct it is or not, but if you plan on eating cals back I probably wouldn't eat more than half those back

just editing to say I have used this for last 3 days

day 1 = 9,688 steps ---- 94 mins ---- 656 cals burned - 4.1 mile
    day 2 = 8,322 steps ---- 78 mins ---- 535 cals burned - 3.5 mile
    day 3 = 16,510 steps ---165 mins--- 1,118 cals burned - 6.9 mile

and I am currently 186 lbs and 5" 4
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Interested to hear if any other STRIIV users think this.
  • mangledspoon
    mangledspoon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've been using it a couple of weeks now.
    I think the calorie burn is more accurate for, say, 30 minutes of straight walking than 30 minutes of accumulated walking throughout the day...

I've since updated the app which supposedly fixes dodgy large amounts of calories burned, and it seems the same...
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to pause the app? I was in my car and it was counting steps. While I was sleeping it took away 154 calories.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Have you seen the STRIIV new Play device. Maybe that avoids the car thing.
  • mangledspoon
    mangledspoon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think to pause it you can just close the app down and re-open it. That shuts down the "background running" of it.