How reliable is a BodyMedia Fit?

Options
Hello,

I recently got one of these and I was surprised! My TDEE for the day is usually 2200-2700! I am very shocked. I usually only eat 1,200-1,300 calories a day since I only work out 3 times a week (this damn heat!).

I am 5 ft 4 and 126 pounds. I want to be about 110-113. My goal is by December. Should I be eating more? I am scared to trust the bodymedia, please help!

Replies

• illuminatusObservor
    Options
    bump
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    They're supposed to be 90% accurate. I was surprised by mine too.
  • BodyMedia
    Options
    Hi illuminatusOb,

Wow, it sounds like you are very close to your goal weight. Congratulations! We recommend not going
    below 1200 calories a day, especially since you are burning so much. We do pride ourselves on being
    the most accurate device on the market, so your 2200+ burn is likely accurate. Also, remember right
    now you are in the target weight range for your height, so you may not have that many pounds to lose.
    Giving yourself proper nutrition will keep your metabolism up and make sure you are losing weight in
    the healthiest way.

Happy fitness!

- Nic
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options
    wow thank you so much! :)
  • kfue
    kfue Posts: 17
    Options
    DelilahCat021 and illuminatusOb,

Did you end up adjusting your daily calorie intake based off of what the BodyMedia Fit told you you were burning each day? If so, what sort of results have you had thus far?

I just ordered my BodyMedia Fit yesterday and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. After 8 months of eating 1200-1500 calories a day and NO weight loss, I have been wondering if I am consuming too little considering the amount I exercise (4-6x a week for 1-3 hours). I ordered BodyMedia Fit to help me figure out how much I should be eating and am hoping it helps guide me.

Did anyone find that MFP's calorie suggestions were too low for them to lose weight?
  • IShowUp4Me
    IShowUp4Me Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love My bodymedia armband... Once I got it I found that I did NOT BURN as many calories as I once thought I did and that was the reason why I was not losing weight.

I have been actively using my armband since june and for 20 weeks straignt I have lost consistently each and EVERY week thanks to the armband readings!

Good LUCH wish you much success!
    Dedra