Is it okay to stay under my calorie intake?

Options
2»

Replies

• DzNuts11
    Options
    Couldn't agree with you more. That starvation mode is a myth.
  • Lisa_Grey
    Options
    Ok...I get what you are saying, but how can I eat more if I am not hungry? I mean, I don't know if you can see my food diary, but I think I'm generally eating a pretty balanced diet. I fully expected that I would be hungry at only 1200 cals/day, but I'm not. And many days I can't even eat a whole meal. I've always been a big eater....I love food. I am not eating out, at least very seldom and that is probably the biggest change I have made. I find home cooked food fills me up a lot more. So, I would love any suggestions for increasing my calorie intake without feeling like I have to force myself to eat food I'm not hungry for. I do agree that you have to eat plenty of calories to be able to lose weight. But I feel like I have a lot more energy and I WANT to exercise every day, whereas before I didn't have the motivation or energy to get my butt off the couch.
    That said...the first week I lost about 5 lbs and in the last two weeks my weight loss has significantly decreased (just 1 lb last week). And I'm ok with that, as long as I'm losing/not gaining. But I think it probably has something to do with not eating enough and I worry that I'll stop losing all together. I don't want to do that! I just don't know how to get more calories in my meals without feeling miserably full.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Ghrelin/leptin balance.
    Both are possible ****ed.