Dietary Supplements

Options
Anyone know of any over the counter dietary supplements that help with appetite control and weight loss? Thanks

Replies

• Ahaverland
    Options
    Your really not going to find anything that is legit, there has never been a supplement proven to promote weight loss, but taking a mulitivitamin while dietiting is very important to make sure you do not become deficient in any nutrient! Good luck!
  • aphif000
    aphif000 Posts: 4
    Options
    Advocare is awesome. I have lost weight before on it and it is all herbal. It doesn't make you all gittery and anxious. Very stuttle and healthy. I don't sell it but know a lady who does. Yu can get it online or even through ebay. WWW. ADVOCARE.COM
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    Coffee. (I'm not kidding, that's my supplement of choice.)
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Well, I could say take a fiber supplement to help curb cravings.. but I wouldn't ever take a "weight loss" supplement. There have been too many horror stories about them.
  • aphif000
    aphif000 Posts: 4
    Options
    What about Acai Berry cleanse? Has anyone trie dit? Dos it work?
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Acai Berries are a great antioxidant. Cleanses don't work, they can be dangerous. Caffeine is an all natural appetite suppressant and does speed up your metabolism. Have a cup of tea or coffee. Green tea is supposed to help too. Eat a diet high in fiber and drink lots of water! By the way, suppressing your appetite won't make you lose weight in the long run. The key is to speed up your metabolism and eat more often through out the day. Eat every 2-3 hrs and you'll be fine. Include a portion of protein (lean meat, low fat/fat free dairy, beans, legums, etc) every time you eat along with a fruit or veggie.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    lvfunandfit you always give the best advise!! Thank you!:smile:
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. I'm glad you find my advice helpful. =) Thank you!