Music help?

Options
I'm working on adding songs to my playlists so I'm not listening to the same stuff over and over, so I thought I'd check in here and see if anyone had suggestions for new music? I'm not into a lot of the hard rock type stuff that's usually in "BEST WORKOUT PLAYLIST EVER" lists, so I've copied some of the songs that are on my playlist just to give an idea of what I listen to...

Oscar Wilde / Company of Thieves
Some Nights / Fun
Born to Run / Bruce Springsteen
Crazy / Gnarls Barkley
Dog Days Are Over / Florence + The Machine
Secrets / One Republic

Like I said, that's just an idea-I'd definitely like some new suggestions, always up for listening to new music even if it doesn't end up in my workout.

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Where's Gangnam style?
  • westerncaroline
    Options
    I generally can't stand that song, but now that you mention it, it's actually a really good thing to add.
  • wesmith2
    wesmith2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i like muse's new hit-maddness. i enjoy hearing that when im on my elliptical!
    here are a few other i like!
    since you've been gone- kelly clarkson
    pump it-black eyed peas (also on just dance on the wii...hilarious)
    good feelin-flo rida
    anything fast and fun...generally i listen to jam bands...but when i work out i usually turn it to the morning jams on mtv and i love it. lol!
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    WOBBLE BABY AND CUPID SHUFFLE (BACK TO BACK )... THIS IS IF YA WANA FEEL A BURN IN YA LEGS AND BOTTOM :)

PLUS ITS FUN... :)
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    WOBBLE BABY AND CUPID SHUFFLE (BACK TO BACK )... THIS IS IF YA WANA FEEL A BURN IN YA LEGS AND BOTTOM :)

PLUS ITS FUN... :)

sorry for the caps... I was excited :) lol
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Xia Junsu - Tarantallegra. YouTube it. Great beat.
    Also, Seungri - Strong Baby. Also has a strong beat to workout to.

If you like those I have a million more. :D
  • fancynoodles
    fancynoodles Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like all kinds of music from 80's metal to classic rock to latin to hip hop, but hip hop and anything fast and hard is what I usually have on my playlist for running.
    A few that really get me going are:
    Dirt of your Shoulder - Jay Z
    Niggaz in Paris - Jay Z and Kanye West
    Lose Yourself - Eminem
    Shippin Up to Boston - Dropkick Murphy's
    Dance Again - Jennifer Lopez
    Fergalicious - Black Eyed Peas
    Who's that Chick - Rhianna
    Ruff Rider's Anthem - DMX
    The Jump Off - Lil Kim
    Give it to Me - Madonna
    Paper Planes - MIA
    Rabiosa - Shakira
  • Notyourrevolution
    Notyourrevolution Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Oscar Wilde / Company of Thieves
    Some Nights / Fun
    Born to Run / Bruce Springsteen
    Crazy / Gnarls Barkley
    Dog Days Are Over / Florence + The Machine
    Secrets / One Republic

I have a few of these in my running playlist as well. The Asteroids Galaxy Tour are pretty fun. There are some good, upbeat tracks on Jack White's last album (Blunderbuss) & Santigold is (mostly) great running music. Of Monsters & Men "Little Talks", Alex Clare "Hands Are Clever", Gotye's "Smoke & Mirrors" & "State of the Art" (both a bit slower but I find the rhythms are good for running), I'll second "Madness" by Muse and for good measure, I'll throw in two (local to me) bands: Hey Ocean! and Mother, Mother.
  • westerncaroline
    Options
    Lots of good suggestions- thanks all! I'll throw a few new ones in the playlist tonight and see how it goes :)