Newbie here - Hi everyone!!!

Options
My name is Christine and I am 41 years old. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I'm sad to say that I weigh now what I weighed 10 years ago when I gave birth to my daughter. I had a tummy tuck 5 years ago to remove the excess skin from my abdomen and I still managed to gain 30 lbs after that :cry: I joined this site on October 4 and have since lost about 12 lbs as of today. I love this website and it seems to keep me on track, when I am consistent with it.

I have challenges almost every day and my willpower is tested almost every day as well. I know I am weak but I am trying so hard to be strong. As many women know, after 40, it is hard to lose weight and even harder to keep it off. I am a curvy girl and I like my curves but I want to be a healthy and fit curvy girl. I'll take all the support I can get! LOL!

Good luck to everyone on their journey to a more healthier you!

:heart: Christine

Replies

• Artist20
    Artist20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello Christine :smile: Good to hear how dedicated you are in becoming healthy, I'm a curvy girl too and I've always had a hard time losing weight and keeping it off.

Keep up the good work and please feel free to add me! I certainly could use the support as well :happy:

Lora
  • Jewlz411
    Jewlz411 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Christine, I just started MFP last week & I'm down 1lb (figure its better than up). I too have struggled with my weight most of my life. I have lost weight in the past only to gain it back over time. I KNOW what I need to do, its the willpower to actually do it that I seem to be lacking lately. We can all use all the support we can get, so please feel free to add me as a friend & we can support each other :smile:

P.S. Congrats on the down 12lbs! Way to go!

Julie