New to MFP 370LBS could use support

Options
Hello my name is Jake and I am fairly new to this. Looking for support group to help me reach my goals. I am a new dad and 370LBS and I have yoyoed up and down for years. I want to make long term changes in my diet so I can get off the road I am on. Friends would be appreciated.

Thanks, God Bless

Replies

• acidglaze
    acidglaze Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Jake. Congrats on becoming a new dad! I've got two myself which made me want to become a more active person so I can do things with them. It's a great daily reminder and as they get older, they'll help guide you to becoming a healthier person also. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • nomoon20
    Options
    Welcome Jake! I just sent you a request.
  • MrBryGuy
    MrBryGuy Posts: 115
    Options
    Hey Jake, it's a long term goal, but not impossible. You can meet any goal you WANT to reach. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • aairs1
    aairs1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi Jake,
    Congrats on your little one! I am new too. I saw you live in Kansas. I live in Wichita. I will send you a friend request!
  • carissima2012
    Options
    hi jake and everyone else there. firstly congrats on ur new baby. secondly, i know how u feel...and then some... we are in the same weight category. i wasnt smallish too start and then put up 100lbs in pregnancy and mooooooore after it trying to lose it!!! how?!?!?1 god. anyway. tomorrow is day 1 for me. best of luck!!!!!
    marianna
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    You got this thing in bag man! Just be ready for a heck of a fight! It takes about 12 weeks to see noticeable changes so the frustration is going to be over wehlming at first, but do NOT give up, do NOT quit! Wake up every morning and tell yourself "I WILL NEVER QUIT!" Mean it, believe it, live it! Only you can motivate you, only you can do this. We'll push you as much as we can but it all comes down to you brother. Get determined right now!

I WILL NEVER QUIT!
    Motivated, Dedicated, Highspeed, Hardcore
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Anything thing you do for 21 consecutive days becomes a habit! Make them all good and you'll achieve your goal(s)!!! Congratulations on becoming a daddy!!! You're world has changed (but for the better)!!!
  • uwdanman
    uwdanman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the new little one! You've come to a great community for support. Just remember that you're not alone in this. Use the tools available through MFP and engage in the community to help you remain active and working towards your goals. We're all doing the same thing and want each other to succeed!
  • 1mailhandler
    Options
    Welcome... Let's hold each other accountable; let's join forces...
  • LJSchmitt
    LJSchmitt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey, Jake. Have sent you a request. You will find that this site is the best thing ever in your quest to get healthy and fit.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jake! Congrats on the baby!!! Feel free to send a request! The support is amazing on here!
  • ryang99
    ryang99 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Jake...

I know where you started and everyday will only get better... Friend request sent.
  • baoneill29
    baoneill29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi Jake! Welcome, lots of great support here. Feel free to add me too!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard to MFP and welcome to fatherhood :happy:

I know what it's like to be where you are now, except being the dad part :laugh: I lost a lot of weight using MFP and all in one year. You're welcome to add me. I'm a great support buddy.
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    PM Sent
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jake! Sent you a request as well!
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Glad you found us Jake. MFP is a wonderful place to begin your journey and find the support to hang in there even when the going gets rough. I'm pretty certain there will be support for those rough 'new Daddy ' times as well. So, welcome, come on and hang out with all of us "losers"!! Feel free to friend. :flowerforyou:
  • becomingkateblog
    Options
    Welcome Jake! Fellow newbie here. Just take it one day at a time!
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    HI! There are more than enough people on here willing and ready to root for you and support you in the changes!
  • beautifulneah
    beautifulneah Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You got this thing in bag man! Just be ready for a heck of a fight! It takes about 12 weeks to see noticeable changes so the frustration is going to be over wehlming at first, but do NOT give up, do NOT quit! Wake up every morning and tell yourself "I WILL NEVER QUIT!" Mean it, believe it, live it! Only you can motivate you, only you can do this. We'll push you as much as we can but it all comes down to you brother. Get determined right now!

I WILL NEVER QUIT!
    Motivated, Dedicated, Highspeed, Hardcore

I totally agree with this post. Congrats on the new born and for wanting to become healthy. It is a slow process, but dont get discouraged. At the end of 2010, i was 347, now i am 3 lbs away from 299. To some it may be a slow process but to me, its long term loss that matters the most, so i am comfortable with loosing slowly ;-)

You can do this, learning to count calories, planning meals and making time to exercise, does seem like alot, but just knowing what the end result is going to be will always be a goal worth acheiving. This site is very very supportive, there are groups that are awesome when you find one that is exactly what you are looking for. Let this site be your tool to excellence. Feel free to add me.