looking for others who have had gastric bypass surgery...

Options
I am looking for anyone who has had gastric bypass surgery and would like to share ideas keeping weight off and support along the way.

Replies

• juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pattan59801
    pattan59801 Posts: 142
    Options
    Hi...I am scheduled for the RNY April 3rd..........feel free toadd me
  • DianaHatcher
    DianaHatcher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ni, i had te sleeve bypass on sept 20th, i hace losed 60lb so bar. How about u?
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I had the Sleeve on February 28th, one month post op, WHOOO....

you can add me if you want.
  • linguist98
    Options
    had the RNY on Nov 16 feel free to add me
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • alishacliff
    Options
    You can add me as well. I had Gastric Bypass on March 11, 2012. It is the best decision I made for me!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
  • pattimelz
    pattimelz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had the Gastric Bypass in October 2001 I have kept 75 % off but am now working at getting the 25% that I gain off . I hope to lose it in 3 months with exercise and refocus on what I'm eating .
  • moe3179
    moe3179 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had the Gastric Bypass in October 2001 I have kept 75 % off but am now working at getting the 25% that I gain off . I hope to lose it in 3 months with exercise and refocus on what I'm eating .

That's funny that you have a 3 month goal too. I'd like to lose 30 pounds in 3 months. After I lose that I'll have 10 more pounds to go to be in the Normal BMI range. I had my surgery in October 2008.
  • kbk902
    Options
    I'd like to join in too. I had an RNY in 2002, lost 200#, and gained about 20 back a couple of years ago. Plan to lose that and more over the next year, and would love to join a group for people who have had (or will have) WLS. I just joined the site a week ago, and still need to add my personal info, photo, etc...
  • LadyKatarina
    LadyKatarina Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Woo Hoo Long Term Post-op sister! April 2001 here, and I am in the EXACT same boat. We are considered fantastic success stories, keeping 75% off...but I know how you feel, getting that 25% back is so frustrating. I'm back on board and trying to take off 35 lbs, although I'm not limiting my timeframe to 3 months. Good luck to us both!
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Had mine in January this year!
  • rabcped
    Options
    I had the gastric vertical sleeve procedure 6 weeks ago. My Fitness Pal has been a real help in tracking nutritional goals.
  • scsohn
    scsohn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hello! I had my gastric bypass October 13, 2005. My body has been through ALOT in the past 7 years. I am glad to see there are others that have not reached their "ultimate goal", besides myself. I am also glad to you all because I have been looking for others like me who may have more knowledge, as I have recently discovered tons of questions that I have about my nutrition, questions that I can't seem to find answers for--anywhere! I no longer have insurance which means seeing a doctor who could answer them is not possible. I really don't know where to turn for further research. I am glad that you all are here!
  • jaimeAKA
    Options
    I had gastric bypass surgury may 29th of 2012 been loosing weight at at a good pace working out at the gym 5 days a week i started at 355 pounds and now way 256 pounds. But now i feel like im at a stand still im still following the guidlines and my Dr. say's im doing great but i was just waundering if anyone else feel's like this or went threw this please reply need a little understanding.
  • scarletrose52
    Options
    I had RNY surgery two years ago. Went from 319 to 230 and have been at this point for a year. Not loosing; not gaining. I can't seem to get back on track. Carbs are my enemies! I tried Weight Watchers so I would have an accountability and get some motivation. Counting points does not work for me. I still eat too many carbs. I am starting back on high protein and low carbs today. I have started tracking here. I am not good at tracking but I am working on it.

Having WLS was the best thing I have ever done for myself. I almost had it done back in the early 90s but chickened out. I guess I had to wait until I was ready for it. I am no longer on diabetic and blood pressure medicine. . My mobility has improved. Of course, my joints are aching a lot. Being over 300 pounds for so many years put a tremendous strain on my body and joints. Can't blame anyone but myself. I won't every be skinny. At this stage of my life, that is not important. I do want to loose at least 50 more pounds and feel better physically.
  • kittykinsqt
    kittykinsqt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I haven't had my surgery yet, but am definitely looking for a supportive group for those who have had it, or going to have it!! :)
  • DMB1973
    Options
    I had RNY surgery on July 2 of this year, best thing I ever did for myself Lost 67lbs so far and feel great! If anyone want to add me for support, we all need as much as we can get :)
  • scsohn
    scsohn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't change it for the world. Even with the issues I ended up having with my pouch, I still am grateful for what I have lost. I think my biggest issue is that it is just hard to have 2 toddlers while trying to watch what you eat. If I am honest, protein shakes have been my saving grace. I make sure to have one every morning and for me it is actually easier than anything else that I might have for breakfast.

Some of you said you hit a plateau, that unfortunately happens. The only thing I might be able to recommend is to try a different exercise. If you have been doing circuit training, try zumba, if you have been using a treadmill try the elliptical...etc.

Having support from others that have had the surgery is great! I don't think you can learn enough to really understand all of this, without actually having had been through it.