Hope this is my LAST start :)

Options
Hi all... came across this site when I 'googled' .. "wish I would wake up skinny" ha!~ imagine that... maybe one of these days I WILL! I still have hope... I will be 40 in 2014... hence the screen name... I want to be FAB and FIT and wake up skinny on my 40th birthday... I have approx 2 years... no rush right? I want to do this right... slow..and for THE LAST TIME!

Replies

• GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Ur in the right spot!:flowerforyou:
  • BFarnsworth
    BFarnsworth Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You couldn't ask for a better community of support. Feel free to add me as a friend for some encouragement or a laugh once in a while.
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Two years? aww yeah, you got this
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    the only way to make it happen is to get started... once you get started you will begin to notice the change slow and steady.

remember it is a marathon not a sprint... keep reminding yourself of that on good days and bad on weeks where you lose 5lbs and weeks where you lose 5oz everything is progress in finishing the marathon even if you have a small setback.

add me if you like always going to be brutally honest with you may not tell you what you want to hear but will tell you what you need to hear
  • baoneill29
    baoneill29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Awww man. I just realized I'll be 40 in 2014 too. Here's to our best shape by 40! You can add me if you like!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is pretty great. I have a couple friends who I would consider the best. Everyone's motivation is amazing.
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    the only way to make it happen is to get started... once you get started you will begin to notice the change slow and steady.

remember it is a marathon not a sprint... keep reminding yourself of that on good days and bad on weeks where you lose 5lbs and weeks where you lose 5oz everything is progress in finishing the marathon even if you have a small setback.

add me if you like always going to be brutally honest with you may not tell you what you want to hear but will tell you what you need to hear

^^^^^LIKE very well said

Welcome to MFP, it has helped me greatly. I am so thankful my best friend sent me the link, I didn't start using right away but couple months later I got serious and here I am closer to my goal weight than I have been since my early 20's (and I'm 52 now) as a matter of fact I'm actually in a smaller size clothes I think that's due to the exercise. Anyway You Got this!!!! you can do it!
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I turned 40 in June and joined MFP. I lost 15 pounds and 2.5 pant sizes. Now just to tine up and I'm done.
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

Don't be too hard on yourself with the number of starts. Everyone falls off the wagon sometimes, the point is that you get back on as soon as you can! Take as many starts as you need to get the job done :) Someone on my wall today said to keep your eye on the prize. That'll help you fall off less often, for sure! It's a lifestyle, it's making new habits and breaking bad ones. It's not easy, it takes a long time, and it's important not to beat yourself up or WORSE, give up.

Never surrender! :)
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    glad to see that it's not like in 10 days and you're trying to lose it fast lol

This is the perfect start, best wishes!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My doc recently told me that it takes 7 tries to adopt a new behavior. New outlook for me because I felt like I failed in the past. So, our previous attempts have just brought us closer to making the behavior stick! Hoping this is the final attempt that sticks for all of us!
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi all... came across this site when I 'googled' .. "wish I would wake up skinny" ha!~ imagine that... maybe one of these days I WILL! I still have hope... I will be 40 in 2014... hence the screen name... I want to be FAB and FIT and wake up skinny on my 40th birthday... I have approx 2 years... no rush right? I want to do this right... slow..and for THE LAST TIME!

Wow....you made a wish and ended up here!...Well, Dorothy....welcome to OZ....all you need now are some friends to travel with you to the EMERALD CITY. (Note..avoid the witches and the poppy fields and you will get there)
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    don't hope Just make it so

I did the samething at 38 now I'm 45 I did my first bodybuilding show at 40 this year I'm goint to run a marathon

have a plan some goals and like you said slow and steady
  • soumbos
    soumbos Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm putting together some groups to keep each other motivated within the community. Feel free to send me friend request if you want to motivate others as well be motivated :)
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and this site has been the best thing and I am so glad my daughter talked me into it because I have lost more than I thought possible. It works if you give it a chance
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have started over lots of times. This WILL be my last. I have 60 pounds to lose, too...I am more than halfway there. All you need is to reevaluate your relationship with food. Its to fuel your body FIRST....enjoy second. Keep that in mind and you'll be at your goal way before you are 40. :)
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    You totally got this!!! This site is AMAZING!! After 25+ years of being heavy, and yo-yoing, and spending hundreds on fad diet pills, and contemplating gastric bypass, I found this site and it's literally changed my life. I never thought I could do it, but here I am, doing it , and down 21 pounds in a little over 2 months. Welcome!!!! :drinker:
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I will turn 40 December 2013. WOW, thars BIG!!!
    I have between 30 - 40 lbs to go till I get to my goal, Ihope I can do it by then. I want to be fit and healthy on that BIG day
  • fordluvnangel79
    fordluvnangel79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

^^This is about the BEST thing I've read on these boards today^^
  • Kalebsmommy424
    Kalebsmommy424 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Been there! I just started again 5 days ago after a few months in a slump..we can do it..feel free to add me as a friend!